6.8 western be 6.5prc

There weren't any mainstream bullets available for the 270 to warrant using a fast twist barrel in 2002. That is how hornady got the ball rolling for the 6.5 CM. If Remington did that with the 260 there very well never have been a 6.5CM.
Remington has the worst marketing guys on the planet and has had for the last forty or fifty years.

If they discovered gold they'd try to market it as, "soft yellow metal not very good for industrial applications".

There weren't any mainstream bullets available for the 270 to warrant using a fast twist barrel in 2002. That is how hornady got the ball rolling for the 6.5 CM. If Remington did that with the 260 there very well never have been a 6.5CM.
And if anyone ever made a match bullet for the .270 it would have kicked a lot of butt over the years. These days the modern hunting bullets equal or do better than many match bullets so it's still kicking butt. Jack O'Conner was right, the .270 (7MM) is a great round capable of more things than given credit for.

And if anyone ever made a match bullet for the .270 it would have kicked a lot of butt over the years. These days the modern hunting bullets equal or do better than many match bullets so it's still kicking butt. Jack O'Conner was right, the .270 (7MM) is a great round capable of more things than given credit for.
The .270 is not a 7mm, it is a .277 caliber vs the .284 of the 7mm.

Match bullets have been produced for the .270 for decades.

The .270 is not a 7mm, it is a .277 caliber vs the .284 of the 7mm.

Match bullets have been produced for the .270 for decades.

Has anyone tried to find these bullets anywhere lately? I just tried the links above without any results. Not that it is unusual but seems that none of these work, or are bullets currently available.

Not many. Ammo was produced way before the rifles started to hit the shelves. Extended Family works at browning and we had ammo long before the rifle.
Ok... You realize you're making my point for me don't you? It wouldn't be sitting on the shelves if people were buying it up as fast as they can get it in.

you're still an ***. You just never will get it.
There are no rifles yet to shoot it
Well, ain't you just a daisy.

Browning and Winchester both have rifles out in 6.8 Western