6.8 spc and hammer 85, anyone tried it?

jacack

been using a 6.8 wilson ar for hogs and it shoots great with 100 accubonds and kills fine but saw the 85 listed on the hammers site so i bought 50 to try.
curious if anyone had trued that combo before.

thanks
Jared

Heck I use the cheapest stuff I could find, SSA 115 HP, and kill them just fine. Can't see using expensive bullets in my AR especially when I'm in a field like last night and have brass flying everywhere. No way to find that stuff. Just my thoughts

I think the ar is the best reason to use premium bullets. Take game with it I normally would not. Took quite a few audad with my grendel last year.
As for brass use the brass goat. Snaps to mag well instead of rail which can't be used with thermals

Really interested in what you find with that combination.... been using sierra 110 pro hunters and they are crazy accurate but not incredibly tough bullets. Looking to try something else in my 6.8.

shot them today, nothing spectacular . best group was my starting load of 27grns of 10x. right about a inch. 2650fps ave.

ran up to 30.5 and got 2880 but groups sucked . i think i may need to crimp them as the extreme spreads were very large and i have read the hammers like to be crimped. going to try again and maybe some aa2200

I didn't get good results without crimping the bullets for my AR's too. I got more consistent velocity and groups after I crimped the bullets. I shoot the Speer 90gr in my 6.8 spc.

HAVE USED 110 VMAX ON TOP OF 25.2gr IMR4198. The best hog killer I have used last 20 yrs. I thought at first I would have penetration issues, not, they penetrate approx 2-6 inches, then detonate. For big boars 300+LBS, we shoot in rear hips too slow down and finish after engagement. On soft tissue animals, the best white tail killer out there....