6.5x50 RWS Magnum

hybridfiat

Has anyone here had any experience with this unusual wildcat?
I'm considering building a small single shot highly accurate rifle that can shoot out to at least 800m. The base cartridge (5.56x50R RWS Magnum) has a rim allowing me to use it in the action I have.
Thanks

Thanks thats sehr interessant. I think they have reduced the loads to allow for the 'morris' tube conversion barrels. I don't think I will get the velocities I need however, even in a strong action.

The 6,5 and 7mm Reb versions based on the parent case 5,6x50R Mag were mainly thought for use in classical European break actions due to limitations concerning deer hunting. 5,6 is absolutely forbidden for that purpose around here, and a 6,5mm must at least generate 2000Joule/100m. Both the 6,5x50R Mag Reb and the 7x50R Mag Reb easily do. With bullet - weights between 100gr - 130gr you might get up between 2500 - 2800 fps. With 90gr bullets (6,5) you can achieve over 900m/s or 2952fps. That's not bad in my world.

It will be worth a try as long as I don't spend too much. A BT 120gn at 2900fps would do nicely.
Thanks. I can get 120 cases from a local dealer too so that part of the search is covered.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.