6.5x47 lapua or 7 RUM?

I also love the berger bullets. Have killed lots of animals with all kinds of different bergers and they have perforemed perfectly. Yes i will definitely post pics if i am successful. Getting close to that time now. Im takin the 7 rum with the 195 berger and not lookin back. Im excited for the exceptional ice fishing while there also. Should be a blast!

From what I hear a lot of wolves get killed with 22-250 and 243...either one of your choices is good. Certainly don't need a RUM but if it shoots good why not? I've killed deer, bear and elk with Berger no problems yet.

Well i just got back from my wolf hunt so i thought id share my experience with you. What a tough and grueling hunt first off! Definitely not for someone that does not whole heartedly want to get a wolf no matter what it takes. Sat some long cold boring days but it payed off substantially! What a rush to watch such an amazing killing machine at less than 100 yards from you! I ended up taking my Mcwhorter precision 6.5x47 lapua shooting the 140 berger vld hunting. I put the first shot right in the bullseye through both front shoulders. It anchored her instantly but she was able to still lift her head for another 5 minutes or so, which was too long for me so i gave her another. First shot through both shoulders the exit hole was only a little bigger that a quarter, but second shot exit was bigger than a grapefruit. Im sure the first shot would have been enough but i did not want to take the chance of the wolf getting up and running. Nice female gray timberwolf, weighed 80 pounds. So happy to bring home such a beautiful wolf, and what an experience! Caught my limit of perch to with a 12.5" 12" and 11.5" perch! What a fun week! Thank you Corey Hayward with Beartrak Outfitters!

Attachments

• IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 219
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts