6.5x47 Lapua Build Suggestions

I put one together 2 years ago and love it. Remington short action with a douglas barrel and H S precision stock. I have a 1 in 8 twist and it likes the berger 130 better than the 140. It is actually hard to get it to shoot over .75 moa. Anything I load in it just shoots great. Have shot several .25 inch groups at 200 yards. I have an 8 year old nephew that we had standing on a bucket to reach the rifle on the 900 yard bench shooting my deer target in the vitals left handed with my right handed rifle zeroed for me. I would have to say it is the most accurate cartridge I have shot. Reloader 17 works great in it.

Kevin builds some great rifles. I have a buddy w/ two and they are tac drivers. Kevin is also supporting Mayberry MD precision matches with a great prize for our prize table, so he is a great asset to the shooting community.

I love the 6.5x47 and now I have my hands on some RL17 Im getting over 2800 fps with the 140 AMAX and its well under .5moa. The most accurate reload has been with 36gr of Varget and the 130 Berger, it shoots better than I can. I have a Lilja 1-8" twist finsihed at 26" in a manners T4A

Talked to Kevin at Montour County Rifles today about building this one. This will be my 2nd build with him. Couldn't ask for more, he answers ?'s asap and everything is just like he promises.

Buy he's gonna be busy with these 6.5x47s!! He's puttin one together for me too!!

I've been thinking about this for some time now. I think I want to make a switch barrel rifle that I can use for the fields and competition as well as hunting. So my thoughts are a 30" heavy barrel for groundhog and competition. Then for a carry gun, I think I am going with a 20-24" barrel. Haven't decided yet. I'll probably use the 123's for groundhog and deer hunting, and use 140's for target. Undecided on that theory yet too. Just thought I would share.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts