6.5x300 WBY ?

Roy actually built 5 of these 6.5x300 initially and gave one to Herb Klein. At the time he was really interested in the 257 and it won out. Grandson Adam is responsible for putting the 6.5x300 in the line. It was a popular 1000 yard gun as well.it
Actually Roy didnt build the original 6.5x300, and if its 1000 yd target shooting your referring to, it was never popular there either.

Hey, my 2 cents, I bought a UL 6.5x300 and it took a little bit of playing around with loading to get it to shoot MOA. The load I'm using is 3354fps with a 127 LRX. It's pretty danged close to an actual laser. Shot two caribou last year, both over 400 yards and both one shot and done. Shot it a month ago at 600 yards and put 3 shots into a 4 inch group. I like it!
Take Care, Rick

I have the 300 and the 6.5-300. The 6.5 has a lot less recoil. I've recently worked up an honest .5 load with the 156 Berger's at about 3150 which I would think would be about equal or better barrel life? Doesn't really matter. It shot the factory 130 sirrocos extremely good as well. Hope that helps you decide

I have the 300 and the 6.5-300. The 6.5 has a lot less recoil. I've recently worked up an honest .5 load with the 156 Berger's at about 3150 which I would think would be about equal or better barrel life? Doesn't really matter. It shot the factory 130 sirrocos extremely good as well. Hope that helps you decide
Well please explain why a 6.5 shooting a 156 gr @ 3150 would be a better choice than a 7mm shooting a 162 gr @ 3400 + ?

If I had to re-barrel a Weatherby I would not send it back to them. They are running way behind 6 to 9 months. I sent an action to Hart over a year ago, no word. So patience is the key. Still waiting on my 6.5 I got through BHA 2 months now, no word.
You are right..think I should just buy a new Mark V🤣!

Roy actually built 5 of these 6.5x300 initially and gave one to Herb Klein. At the time he was really interested in the 257 and it won out. Grandson Adam is responsible for putting the 6.5x300 in the line. It was a popular 1000 yard gun as well.it
Ed put the 6.5-300 out. Adam brought out the 6.5 Rebated Rim

Barrel life about 1000 rounds.
You break your rifle with 20 shots. Then every year you confirm zero with 2 shots, shoot a buck and few coyotes, maybe a box of 20 rounds. That's 220 rounds in 10 years, 420 in 20 years, 820 in 40 years, 1020 in 50 years. What's wrong with that? You clean it after the season, oil it and your kid will still inherit a nice rifle. Weatherby rifles are nice. Get one you like and enjoy it. Life is too short to shoot ugly rifles.

Couse it's Weatherby. You may not understand it. But that's fine too. 😀
Well what came first?
The cartridge or the rifle?
If your not old enough to remember, let me know and ill fill in the blank spots.
Where im from, the 6.5x300 Wby died about 50 years ago.
And it didnt come back as a reinvented wheel by a younger generation.

WOW History repeats itself the 6.5 300 WWH Mean WeatherbyWrightHoyer is nothing new Al Hoyer and Colonel Wright was using that cal back in the 60s ,Al hoyer was smith
in Pa,who built many 6.5 for long range hunting in Pa.and matches at the pa 1000 yd.
Well yeah. They finally made it a factory round is all, basically. It's always been an option to wildcat.

Recent Posts