NORMA!

Use the NORMA reamer and Lapua brass.

[ 08-10-2003: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Winchester
Winchester
Winchester

Just ask John Hoover and family. They use
necked down 284 Winchester brass.
Son Adam shot a 5.044 group, his sister shot 5.906 (she just turned 15),while dad John shot a 6.1xx and mom Diane came in with a
8.6xx. These were all 10 shot groups in the 16 1/2 lb class at Williamsport on 8/16/03.

John Vonieda's World Record 3.151 was shot using necked down 375 H&H Win brass. The caliber of his own design (308V).

later
jack1k

Yeah and they shoot like that time after time after time. They use the old Winchester boxed brass. Mr. Hoover had a great reloading bit in the news letter.

Johh Hoover uses not just Winchester brass but the super old (ie not available now) white and yellow box brass. He bought 743 boxes from one guy in Illinois. Good luck trying to find it, but he says the next best is Lapua.

BH

I bought a 6.5x284 reamer off of clymer about 2 years ago. Not sure if Norma or Win But the gun is a real shooter. I had them reduce the neck to .290. I use Norma brass and like I said its a shooter.

The reamer has only cut one chamber, if you are interested I could make you a good deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.