6.5x284, retumbo, and 143 eld-x load data needed

Jeremyc

Just picked up some hornady eld-x and need some load information. Anyone have anything? Nosler brass. Savage 116 action

Like to follow along as well. Had one just finish up that'll be for my daughter.

Jeremy, are you only interested in Retumbo load information or have you considered other powders?

Running the numbers, RL26 looks like it would be a top performer with the 140 class bullets, too.

Like to follow along as well. Had one just finish up that'll be for my daughter.

Jeremy, are you only interested in Retumbo load information or have you considered other powders?

Running the numbers, RL26 looks like it would be a top performer with the 140 class bullets, too.

I may use H4831. I use that in my 260. I picked up a couple of pounds of Retumbo and would like to use that. I think that if I can find a load, I can use that in multiple calibers.

I'm using Lapua brass, BR2 primers, 58grs Retumbo, 143 ELD X, 25" Brux with 1-8.5 twist shooting 3015fps.
I'm getting .250" groups.

56-57gr of Retumbo has worked for me in a couple different 6.5-284's with 140 grain Bergers. Velocity should be around the 2950 mark.

It's a bit quicker than RL25, but I would start with the start charges for that propellant and work to pressure.
Most likely, you'll be 2.5-4 grains Lower once you hit pressure than with 25.

Loaded up some loads for pressure testing last week. Started at 55.5 gr of retumbo and worked up to 58.5gr. Everything looked fine. Loaded up some multiples in .5 grain increments. Should be able to test this weekend. Will report early next week with results

Any news to report on the ELD-X with Retumbo? I'm running 57.5 gr. of Retumbo with the 140 berger and 215m primers with good results, but would love to hear more about this bullet in the 6.5x284.

Levi

my load is
56.3 grains Retumbo
lapua brass
CCI BR-2
.095 jump

26" brux 1-8.5 twist

58 was over pressure in my gun, but it has a tight chamber.

I would start around 55 and work up to 58.

find your seating depth first then work on powder the Berger seating depth test works well for these eld-x bullets.

Tagging in. I have not tried the Hornadys yet since I have had such good success with the JLK 's but I'm intrigued. I'm anxious to hear how they perform on game at LR if anyone has yet had any experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.