6.5x284 dies?

yote doctor

Needing some help. Have the new Savage 111 longrange hunter coming soon and looking for dies. Im always looking for accuracy! New to the caliber and new to this site. I have seen MANY different dies for the 6.5 so am confused on what i should purchase. It is not gonna be a (benchrest) rifle but will be looking to shoot out to a 1000 at the range (ranch hills) and longrange hunting of coarse. Can someone help?

Last edited:
I like Redding type S FL for the sizing die. I also like the Redding micro bullet seating die, but it's kinda pricey. Foster makes a fine micro adjust bullet seating die that's not hard on the pocket book. Also hornady new dimension seating die is really good and you can add a micro adjust to it.
If you just want to neck size buy a Lee collet die. That's just what I like,but if you pay attention to detail any of the manufacturers dies can get the job done...

I just picked up a 112BVSS 6.5X284norma repeater on Friday. I just ordered the Forester set from Midway for $67.99. I have used them with my 6X47lapua and 7wsm. I like them alot.
Almost got the wrong one. I seen one at the local shop saying 6.5mm/284winchester. Was up at the register getting ready to pay when I noticed the mistake. What twist 1:8? I tried looking mine up and couldn't even find it on the home page. Can't wait to get my scope I ordered a couple weeks ago and go out and stretch it's legs.

Are you going to try the berger 130's?

good shooting

Brent

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I do want the micro adjust seating die and yes it hits the pocket book. No doubt it will be worth it. The bushing sizes are what I need to do more research on as well. Ive been reloading for few years now and get great results but never have encountered different bushings for neck sizing until I opened my eyes to the 6.5. As far as bullets I am a big fan of Berger and am wanting to go with the 140 VLDs. Im shooting the 150s out of my 270wsm and have great results. If you have more info bout this caliber feel free to lay it on me. Im all ears. Still deciding on tactical scopes as well. Oh, the choices some of us are faced with.

For bushing size seat bullet then measure neck of brass with calibers, and subtract 2 thousands. Example would be if it measures .289 buy a .287 and .286 bushing.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts