6.5x284 dies

candafish

just getting into the reloading deal and i am a little confused on what dies i would be best off to purchase. i have been doing a lot of research on different die sets and was recommended from a fried who got me into reloading that redding dies are the way to go. my question is, will i be fine with a 3 die set or upgrade to a bushing die? thanks

just getting into the reloading deal and i am a little confused on what dies i would be best off to purchase. i have been doing a lot of research on different die sets and was recommended from a fried who got me into reloading that redding dies are the way to go. my question is, will i be fine with a 3 die set or upgrade to a bushing die? thanks

Look for a Forster set. The only thing better would be Whidden
gary

Or get the best compromise of both worlds...Get a Redding deluxe three die set and then get a Forster Bench Rest seater die...

I've got the Redding dies with a Neck Sizer with Bushing (the exact ones Grey Fox recommended on the post above) They work very well. But, honestly, the Lee dies work great, too. Just because they are inexpensive doesn't mean they are cheap. I've got every brand of die except Hornady. My personal favorites are the Forster dies.....butter smooth and easy to adjust. I do have a Lee Crimp Die for every caliber I own. I've found it does make a difference

I'd go with a Redding S Die(bushing), and a Redding Competitiion Seater(micrometer). For Lapua Brass, .292"bushing.

Pretty tough to go wrong with this combo. Almost exactly what I'm rolling the 6.5x284 in. That said I have been running with Redding for a long time now. Forster makes a really good product that has a reputation for producing concentric ammo.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Thanks guys for all the great advice. i will hopefully get some ordered up this week. i would love to get a load worked up for it soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.