6.5x.284 Custom Build!!!

Autorotate19

I just wanted to post that I am finally having my first full custom built. After being on this site for quite some time and looking at the various custom rifles I finally had to have one built. It will be a 6.5x.284, Brux 26" varmint contour barrel throated for 140gr berger, Surgeon action with pinned 20moa rail, grey bull precision stock, rem 700 bdl stainless bottom metal, and a Timney trigger. I have a Grey Bull Precision scope waiting for it. Dan Glover of Dan's Custom Guns is going to build it for me. According to Dan, once all the parts are there it should only be around a month or so before he has it all ready to go. All the pieces should have arrived this past week and I cant wait!!!!

Austin,

How is that for quick turn around time! I think Dan got the parts less than a week ago! He sent me pics of your gun. It looks awesome. I believe you will really be impressed with the accuracy and workmanship. Dan just finished a 6.5-284 for me a few weeks ago. It shoots the 140 Bergers into one ragged hole. I'm sure yours will do the same.
Hope you enjoy the gun.

Jett

Just got it today! Mounted the scope up and everything looks awesome! I had the chamber reamed specifically for the 140 berger vld, since I had this done should I still do the berger seating depth test? Where do I start? Im using lapua cases, retumbo powder. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This is my first post on the site. Been a long time reader. This winter I built a 6.5x284 to shoot the 140 Bergers I seated them tight to the lands, Norma brass, cci 250 primers, and 53 grains of H4831sc, at 2930 fps. I tried regular primers but it wasn't working very well, maybe because it was 20 degrees out. It has proven to be the most accurate gun I have ever shot. That sounds like a nice rig you got there, i'm sure you will be happy with it. I am really liking the cartridge.

Here is some pics there not that great because the light kinda sucked and its with my phone.

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

Jett thanks for the article I havent read it yet! Ill tell you what though, Dan does great work and is great to work with!

Thanks Dan!

I just read the article and I think Im going to start out using 4831sc. I have that on hand and a couple other guns I have use it. Thanks

I have been reading a few posts that look like people have been getting higher velocity with Retumbo than I have been getting with H4831sc not sure about their accuracy though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.