6.5x.284 140 gr Berger VLD versus 6.5PRC ELD-X 143 gr

Everybody points to the fact that the eldm is labeled a TARGET bullet. Well here is a fact. The eldm has a thicker jacket nose than the eldx. It actually opens a little slower allowing some penetration before expansion begins. The eldx likely opens a little easier at low velocity than the M. The M may come apart a little easier as it expands towards the base because the jacket is thinner at the base and doesn't have the little crimp in the jacket. So they act a little differently, but which is best? All I know is I have shot through a lot of flesh and bone with the M and tore things up in between. Ive had several clients have great success on elk with them and they have a higher b c and more mass so I use the M.
With hornady it seems so much depends on the Particular lot anymore.
My current lot of 143s I'm using the same bc as my 147s out to 1200. My first lot of 143s I used .303.
I would use either with confidence on game...but the 143 does really expand. It's a good deer and antelope bullet for sure

Recent experience:
My wife shot an bull elk at 258 yards with the 147eldm (2564ft at the muzzle). Pass through taking out the heart and lungs. He went 30 yards and dropped
I shot a bull elk at 318 yards with the 143eldx (3034ft at the muzzle) taking out both lungs and heart, No pass though. He went 10 yards and dropped.

White tail generally drop in their tracks.

Recent experience:
My wife shot an bull elk at 258 yards with the 147eldm (2564ft at the muzzle). Pass through taking out the heart and lungs. He went 30 yards and dropped
I shot a bull elk at 318 yards with the 143eldx (3034ft at the muzzle) taking out both lungs and heart, No pass though. He went 10 yards and dropped.

White tail generally drop in their tracks.
This shows a couple things or maybe a combination of a couple things that Ive also experienced. The eldm is a little tougher, and/or less velocity equals more penetration. Or the reverse, more velocity equals less penetration, at least with an expanding bullet.

I have shot several Eastern whitetail with the 140 VLD out of my 6.5-284. All shots tore up vitals and had large exit wounds. Also shot a coyote with it and it wasn't pretty.
I shot a 10 point last year with a 6.5 CM and the 143 ELD-X. Shot was at 260 yards. Also had a large exit wound and he went about 30 yards. I just shot a Coues at 630 yards with a 6.5 PRC using the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo. 143 ELD-X went in behind a rib, destroyed a lung and broke the off shoulder before exiting.
Either bullet will do what it is designed for.

My current rifle is a Cooper 52 6.5x.284 and I just got back from hunting where I bagged an antelope and mule deer with the 140gr Berger VLD. As expected, they both did their job but was a little disappointed that after being hit in the boiler room, they still got 50 yards downrange before collapsing. Upon gutting, the bullet made it in one side, blew up, but didn't penetrate the other side - it was just under the skin. Would make it hard to track without a thru an thru.

Am having a 6.5PRC built and was planning on shooting the 6.5PRC Hornady ELD-X 143 gr for mule deer and antelope.

Anyone out there with experience with these rounds to let me know how the ELD-X in the 6.5PRC did for you?
When I built my first loads for moose I ask an experienced moose hunter my thoughts were Nosler Partitioned bullets I had shot them through 16" of a punky stump and retrieved the slug Was Impressed My friend said you want a bullet that spends all that ft. lbs. of energy in the animal Hadarlic shock is what kills. 50 yards is an adrenal reaction!

I shot a doe lope few days ago with a Cooper 52 6.5x284 140 VLD at 213 yds.. Hit chest. Went thru both legs. Total mess inside . Fri. shot a doe whitetail at 110 yds. With same rifle but with a 140 Norma Oryx. Went thru chest, heart and offside leg. Mess inside minimal meat damage.
Month ago used my CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC with 143 ELDX on 2 doe lope at 280 and 188 yds. Both DRT. Minimal meat damage. Both exided.. 280 yd. Lope was quartering to me. Went in chest , came out in front of hind leg. 3 weeks ago shot a muley buck at 100 yds with same rifle/bullet. Hit top of heart and exided. Ran 10 yds. And dropped. No meat damage. Week after that in N.M. shot a Muley buck at around 100 yds. with same rifle/load. Offhand shot . Hit spine close to neck. Blew it completely in half. Hardly any meat damage.

My current rifle is a Cooper 52 6.5x.284 and I just got back from hunting where I bagged an antelope and mule deer with the 140gr Berger VLD. As expected, they both did their job but was a little disappointed that after being hit in the boiler room, they still got 50 yards downrange before collapsing. Upon gutting, the bullet made it in one side, blew up, but didn't penetrate the other side - it was just under the skin. Would make it hard to track without a thru an thru.

Am having a 6.5PRC built and was planning on shooting the 6.5PRC Hornady ELD-X 143 gr for mule deer and antelope.

Anyone out there with experience with these rounds to let me know how the ELD-X in the 6.5PRC did for you?
With my 6.5 PRC And 156 Berger I've tacken 2 mule deer neither went out of sight, 200 yards and 375 yards. I'll not be changing anytime soon