6.5prc for hunting

HR Pearson

I was wondering what everyone is having the best results with factory ammunition actually hunting and not target shooting, are most of animals you all are shooting dropping in their tracks or short/ long tracking job? Thanks

147 eldm's hammer deer.....
IMG_2268_zpslff5ndpp.jpg

I was wondering what everyone is having the best results with factory ammunition actually hunting and not target shooting, are most of animals you all are shooting dropping in their tracks or short/ long tracking job? Thanks
I have not been hunting with mine, but a good friend of mine is shooting Hornady Precision Hunter exclusively in his. He has taken an Aoudad at 300 yards, shot 2 hogs with 1 shot at 100 and a couple other sheep in Texas with that load. All DRT. He is also a big reloader of other calibers and swears by this ammo, even for target shooting at long range. He says he won't invest in dies for PRC because Precision Hunter shoots so good out of his rifle for the price.

Where you hit them and under what conditions makes the different. Placement, not displacement.

There are no magic bullets, if you want to drop them in their tracks you have to interrupt the CNS.

I can't speak to what Hornady's gonna do, but it has been a pain trying to get my hands on factory loads. I have a couple of local shops keeping an eye out for me. Right now Bertram is out of stocok but Ryan said it should be in soon.

I can't speak to what Hornady's gonna do, but it has been a pain trying to get my hands on factory loads. I have a couple of local shops keeping an eye out for me. Right now Bertram is out of stocok but Ryan said it should be in soon.
Are you looking for brass or loaded factory ammo? If loaded factory ammo, SWFA is sitting on a decent amount of both Hornady 147 gr. Match and 143 gr. Precision Hunter factory ammunition.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.