6.5mm Craze? 264WM vs 6.5 SAUM vs 6.5 PRC?

What is the "clicker" issue mentioned in several of the posts?
I'm
You're just jealous
It's not relevant too me If it occurs run the sizer down or bump the shoulder It dosnt happen with all the 6.5 prcs it depends on chamber and die dimensions , I have had that problem with a tight head-spaced 6.5-06 . I have 2 different 6.5 prcs one chambered by Bartlien and the other Straight Jacket Armory with a Proof research barrel

I've been running necked down 7RM brass in my 264's for years.
In Australia, we haven't had ANY 264WM brass or loaded ammo for a very long time.
The only issue I have seen is some necks become a little thick, but if you go slow enough it can be avoided. I have never lost a case doing so and the brass lasts just like any other.
My love for the 6.5mm started when I got my first 6.5x55 Swede in the early 90's. It was a spoterized Mauser '96 Carl Gustav built rifle with 4 groove 7 1/4" twist 24" barrel. Used it for military match comp with the Swede match ammo. It was superbly accurate making hits at 500 quite easy.
I still have a barrel blank sitting in my shop rough chambered for 6.5-284Norma that hasn't seen the light of day for some time. I didn't go with it because it will finish at 26" and not the 30" I prefer…..One day.

Cheers.
All the large capacity 6.5's are barrel burners. IMO, the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 x 55 Swede, and the 6.5 Rem Mag will do anything I want to do in a SA 6.5mm cartridge and offer good barrel life to boot. The high BC 6.5mm bullets retain velocity well and make up for the lower starting velocity of the classic chamberings. Of course, to some, more is always better, but practically speaking not for me. just my $.02.

What is the "clicker" issue mentioned in several of the posts?
the clicker issue is caused from to tight of a tolerance between brass and chamber at the base and the dies cant size it enough
only an issue if you run consistently hot loads or work hardening of brass after a lot of reloads.
cure is to use a reamer with more clearance at base. most smiths have been using the larger reamer

You guys kill me 🙄
All these 6.5s are barely an improvement over the ((1894))6.5x55 Swede!
How many more do we WANT?
The 6.5-06 which is 6.5x63, runs right with the PRC size cases all day long, and unlimited brass supply, assuming you reload.
The creed should be renamed, instead of Needmore it should be
SWEDEMORE!

All the large capacity 6.5's are barrel burners. IMO, the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 x 55 Swede, and the 6.5 Rem Mag will do anything I want to do in a SA 6.5mm cartridge and offer good barrel life to boot. The high BC 6.5mm bullets retain velocity well and make up for the lower starting velocity of the classic chamberings. Of course, to some, more is always better, but practically speaking not for me. just my $.02.
The 1-8 twist in a factory chambering which is the 6.5 Creed breathed new life in the 6.5 cal the Swede all ready had that figure out the win 264 mag 6.5 mag and 260 were all in 1-9 and some 1-10 twist in the proper twist for long 6.5 bullets they fly flat at a long distance my 6.5 284s 6.5 Swedes and 6.5 prcs are all fine cartridges .A friend of mine is getting pressure before I do in his 264 win mag with the same bullet in my 6.5 prc with 10 grs less powder with 50 fps more vel . Sometimes performance depends on the rifle , bullet choice powder brass reloader experience etc 3 things I don't like about the 264 win mag is the belt , overbore and the free bore or bullet jump . It's all a matter of preference they all will work

In Australia, we haven't had ANY 264WM brass or loaded ammo for a very long time.
The only issue I have seen is some necks become a little thick, but if you go slow enough it can be avoided. I have never lost a case doing so and the brass lasts just like any other.
My love for the 6.5mm started when I got my first 6.5x55 Swede in the early 90's. It was a spoterized Mauser '96 Carl Gustav built rifle with 4 groove 7 1/4" twist 24" barrel. Used it for military match comp with the Swede match ammo. It was superbly accurate making hits at 500 quite easy.
I still have a barrel blank sitting in my shop rough chambered for 6.5-284Norma that hasn't seen the light of day for some time. I didn't go with it because it will finish at 26" and not the 30" I prefer…..One day.

Cheers.
A long time buddy - who also grew up hunting in Southern Oregon Mountains by Klamath Falls- and carried a BAR in Vietnam - came back and could have played College Football but wanted to get married and start a family - so he became a logger. He loved to practice shooting when out in the woods - early Nosler Partition fan - and his favorite rig (he also sold guns in the winter when snow prevented logging) was a sporterized Carl Gustav in 30.06. Sweetest action ever, beautiful gun and shot under a minute with most everything.

You guys kill me 🙄
All these 6.5s are barely an improvement over the ((1894))6.5x55 Swede!
How many more do we WANT?
The 6.5-06 which is 6.5x63, runs right with the PRC size cases all day long, and unlimited brass supply, assuming you reload.
The creed should be renamed, instead of Needmore it should be
SWEDEMORE!
You got part of that right 🎣

Stumbling around into all these old threads I decided a why not thread is in order. Lets compare the three Cartridges. Specify Necked down 7mm Rem Mag Brass for the .264 against the PRC and SAUM of the same Caliber. Who's got the skinny? ( I don't have any PRC or SAUM Brass anyway )
I bought a new 6.5 prc Winchester rifle last weekend, but I have spent days trying to find ammo, and reloading supplies that don;t exist any more unless you have an extra $400.00 for 500 rounds. I don't like this price gouging idea. Looks like I just purchased a dionasaur.

The PRC is just another hyped up failure made by Hornady. It offers no advantage over existing rounds…..much like it's big brother.
Doesn't come close to either the 264WM or 6.5 WSM or 6.5 SAUM.
If you want fast and accuracy, the 6.5-300 Weatherby is the real deal.

Cheers.
You should probably do some more research.

I bought a new 6.5 prc Winchester rifle last weekend, but I have spent days trying to find ammo, and reloading supplies that don;t exist any more unless you have an extra $400.00 for 500 rounds. I don't like this price gouging idea. Looks like I just purchased a dionasaur.
What flavor of bullets ya lookin for ?

if you can get 500 rounds for $400 either loaded ammo or reloading supplies you got a steal and better jump while you can

Cheers.
I have 264 win mags and 6.5-06 ackley improved both are hard to beat. 264 win mag brass is available at Graf & sons. I don't have a problem with belted cases,all my magnums are belted.