6.5 WSM ?

[ QUOTE ]
The .270 brass is a little different than the 06 even though they came from the same parent case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere I read that the .270 is actually based on the '03 case, not the '06.

Tom-

Don't give up on the 6.5 WSM so quickly. When Winchester anounced the .300 WSM, my first thought was that the WSM case necked down to 6.5 would be a great one.

So I had a reamer made and rechambered my .260 Remington in a short action Model 70 to 6.5 WSM. To me it is a little spookey how accurate mine is. Now that there is Norma Brass available for .270 WSM, the 6.5 is very easy to load for; I had to convert .300 WSM brass to 6.5, a more tedious process. Of course, my rifle is a hunting and sporter application and I don't know your intended use but, I love mine.

Good luck!

A friend of mine has built two 6.5-300WSM on Browning 78's I believe, he has pictures posted on the shortmags.org site with a 4.5 in gtoup at 1300yds

Thank you for looking at the pictures.There is a third rifle in the set a 6.5-284 that shoots equally well.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.