6.5 wsm

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Been wanting to try one. I sold my 7/300 so needed to replace it. Went a little different on this one, not so big and heavy. Specs are

Rem trued action, PTG fluted bolt, PTG bolt handle tig welded on, PTG bolt knob.
Brux #5 straight fluted finished at 26 inches
McMillian A-3 in sand camo, adj cheek, adj lop, pillar bedded
K&G coated in flat earth tone tan
Jewel trigger
Rem Det Mag bottom metal
TPS rings with 20moa rail
6x24x50 Sightron with moa2 retical

Attachments

• 6.5 wsm 001.jpg
    6.5 wsm 001.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 6.5 wsm 002.jpg
    6.5 wsm 002.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 6.5 wsm 003.jpg
    6.5 wsm 003.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 6.5 wsm 004.jpg
    6.5 wsm 004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 101
Thought some of you guys might like that. Its a Kobuta 4x4 atv. I added the bars and made the table. It works great. I use it for just about any kind of hunting,coyote,ground hog,and deer. Had a golf cart but the batteries limited my range. This is a much better deal. Shot steel targets from it at 1000yds. It is really solid. Dan

I wish I had thought about this round before I ordered everything to build a 300WSM, a 6.5x284 wouldnt have anything on this. Very nice looking rifle.

Thought some of you guys might like that. Its a Kobuta 4x4 atv. I added the bars and made the table. It works great. I use it for just about any kind of hunting,coyote,ground hog,and deer. Had a golf cart but the batteries limited my range. This is a much better deal. Shot steel targets from it at 1000yds. It is really solid. Dan
Cool I never thought of that, I have a ranger maybe I will start thinking about that one

I really like this gun Dan. It may be one of your best yet!

"Ok bad *** rifle but Im a little more interested in this shooting table on the front of your machine"
ICANHITHIMMAN- Dan does not believe in "roughing it". Not even a little bit. He just sorta rambles around the farm on his mobile shooting bench shooting stuff! If he can dream it up, he can easily make it.

Nice rifle, like that shooting bench set up to. The 6.5 WSM really intrigues me are you necking down from 270 WSM brass.

yes 270 Norma so far I think it is going to be a nice round. Wpuld like to see 3200 fps out of it but so far 3150 fps seems to be more accurate. Will see what the 4831 does today. Dan

awesome rifle,and awesome bench.
Saw a guy pull a bench on a single axle behind a utv one time, thought that was pretty slick too.

I have a 31 inch 8 twist Krieger that I am building a 6.5 WSM with. Rem 700 SA. I was going to thread and chamber it on monday but had the flu. I am going to try to get it done this coming monday.
Dan,
Gun looks great.
Did you turn the necks to clean them up? What primers are you using?
My reamer has a .2995 neck and a .200 freeebore. I just turned the necks enough to clean them up.
I have some 140 VLD's and H 1000 to start with.
Keep us posted on your results.
Tarey

I was using CCI 250 primers. Today the Retumbo was better than the H 1000 or H 4831. 67 gr. was the best group at 100yds with a spread of 7. I plan to go on Monday to Jett's and shoot distance. Not sure about frebore on my reamer I sent a dummy round the way I wanted it and had Dave grind the reamer. The 140 oal is 3.100. I don't think that will work on a short action. Haven't played with seating. I was .002 off. Tommorow I plan to back the bullets up in .005 steps to see if accuracy or velocity changes. I here about guys getting 3200 fps but I always started getting preasure before getting that kind of velocity. My chrono says 3150 fps is about all that I can stand. It's still been fun playing with something new. Dan

My longest OAL was 3.150 to get the reamer and I am going to single load them anyway, so mag lenght doesn't matter. I'll have to get some Retumbo for my testing.
Thanks Dan.
Tarey

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.