6.5 wsm or 6.5 wssm

Tikkamike

I have a winchester 70 super shadow in 270 wsm. the rifle is anything but beautiful and to be honest just looking at it makes me dissapointed in winchester. the bolt has a poor finish and just looks like crap to be honest. but it functions well and shoots good too. But I have been throwing around the idea of turning it into either a 6.5 wsm or a 6.5 wssm. I am leaning towards the wssm because I would have plenty of magazine space to seat the bullet way out there. however i could make it a single shot and go with the wsm. what do you guys think?

6.5 WSM without hesitation, the WSM equals & often exceeds the velocity of the .264 win mag in a short action with out the headache of the belt. I'd bet you would be disappointed in the velocity of the WSSM, just not enough room in the case to make the 140's & 142's show their potential.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts