6.5 Weatherby RPM

A lot of similarities to the wildcat I built off of a 7mm weatherby case. They could have made a titanium magnum big bolt and made the action more accessible to other weatherby cartridges and still made a light rifle with more long range potential. 6.5 rifles don't have enough knock down power for long range hits on bigger game in my opinion. It's a round for small dear or big one at close range. I designed my case and barrel for the 195 grainers and it shoots 4.5 inch groups at a thousand at 2950 on the bottom node. Less than 10 es.
Mag length bolts in titanium would allow more room for the longer heavier for caliber bullets that are great matches for overboard cartridges.
IMG_20190718_205408_678.jpg

A lot of similarities to the wildcat I built off of a 7mm weatherby case. They could have made a titanium magnum big bolt and made the action more accessible to other weatherby cartridges and still made a light rifle with more long range potential. 6.5 rifles don't have enough knock down power for long range hits on bigger game in my opinion. It's a round for small dear or big one at close range. I designed my case and barrel for the 195 grainers and it shoots 4.5 inch groups at a thousand at 2950 on the bottom node. Less than 10 es.
Mag length bolts in titanium would allow more room for the longer heavier for caliber bullets that are great matches for overboard cartridges.View attachment 158547
Over bore
Not overboard... Ai changes my spelling all the time... **** phones
Plus hornady makes crappy inconsistent brass. Should have had lapis make it if they wanted something good.

I don't mean to derail the thread but ..........

I've just gotta ask; what does "justme gbot tum" mean ?

I was wondering the same thing, lol.

Sometime ago I spent time trying to Google what these mean. In the end another member explained it to me.
Justme is Just Me
gbot is God Bless Our Troops
tum is Thank U Much.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Rebated Precision Magnum. I was wondering why this odd cartridge popped up. I do understand the .473" rim allows it to be built on a .30-06 bolt size. I honestly think the idea would make a better .25. The last new quarter bore I can think of is the WSSM. The 6.5 market is pretty flooded lately. But I finally ran across info, that told me what this was about. It's a slightly lengthened .284 Win. So now it's a more powerful 6.5-284.

I do think it is a "neat" idea, and believe we are going to see wildcats up and down.

"Tired of that .30-06? Want more power? More than the .35 Whelen ? Oh, ok, use this .35 RPM, and your problems are solved.

Here is the article of from Shooting Times about it, and yes, I'm a goober who bought the digital subscription. If it is a problem posting them, let me know and I will delete it, but I believe it's free on their website.

View attachment 158294
View attachment 158292
View attachment 158297
View attachment 158296
View attachment 158295
View attachment 158293
What does this offer over a 6.5 wsm? 270 wsm necked to 6.5. I do like that no belt!

Ive got a 6.5 8 twist barrel on the way to me right now. I've been back and forth many times on what I want to chamber it in. Its going to be long action for sure, whether it's 6.5 prc, 6.5 saum, 6.5-284, 264 win mag etc.. I really like this rpm. My objections with the rpm is the wait for brass and the unkown future availability of it. I do like this case but might just go with 264 win mag. If I didn't already have a 6.5 creedmoor, I would consider the prc. I don't mind the belt on the 264 and I've had good success with the 7mm rem mag case. If everything for the rpm becomes available soon, I may consider it.

Mag length bolts in titanium would allow more room for the longer heavier for caliber bullets that are great matches for overboard cartridges.View attachment 158547
Yeah, the 195 EOL are 1.64" long. That is why I will choose a 7mm Blaser Magnum over longer cases. The case is the perfect length 2.35" for 180 gr. ALCO, and Berger Hybrids, and 151 Warner Flatline solids at 1.53 to 1.56". I am sure I can get 2925-2950 fps out of the cartridge with 195 gr. EOL, but the 180 gr Alco RBTULD ST will hold in the wind better at a G7 of .430 B.C. and at 3050 fps it will outrun the heavy Bergers without any pressure easily.

Yeah, the 195 EOL are 1.64" long. That is why I will choose a 7mm Blaser Magnum over longer cases. The case is the perfect length 2.35" for 180 gr. ALCO, and Berger Hybrids, and 151 Warner Flatline solids at 1.53 to 1.56". I am sure I can get 2925-2950 fps out of the cartridge with 195 gr. EOL, but the 180 gr Alco RBTULD ST will hold in the wind better at a G7 of .430 B.C. and at 3050 fps it will outrun the heavy Bergers without any pressure easily.
2.35 case length sounds great. Should fit long heavies into lots of factory long actions easily. I couldn't figure out why all these new cases were longer that the 7mm rm & 264wm instead of shorter.

Over bore
Not overboard... Ai changes my spelling all the time... *Rule 4 Violation* phones
Plus hornady makes crappy inconsistent brass. Should have had lapis make it if they wanted something good.
Wondered when someone would talk about Hornady making the brass for Weatherby. I thought Norma made Weatherby's excellent brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.