6.5 Super LR

jrdp74

I'm toying around with the idea of building a 8-9 lb hunting rifle in this caliber and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it. Any real difference between this and the Creedmoor? What barrel lengths and powder are you using? Thanks for the help! I have the reamer and dies for the 6mm SLR but have yet to build anything with it.

In the 6mm super LR it looks to be a coyote and white tail gun deluxe Keep us informed on ur decision and progress best of luck

6.5 SLR/S Improved - Ready for testing

Mine has a slightly blown out taper. I'm getting 2925 fps with the 139gr Lapua Scenars, 243WIN brass, 44gr H4350, and br2 primers. I can push it harder, and may later, but for now it is a hammer. Very happy with how it turned out!

That sounds like a really good modification! I don't have much experience with the Scenars but use the Bergers quite a bit. The plan for this gun would be a deer sized hunting gun and for some fun at the range. I've been shooting the 7LRM for a while and it's fun (minus the inconsistent brass issues) but I want something that takes a little less powder. I found a few pounds of h4350 and bought it up so glad to hear it works well!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.