??? 6.5 STW???

GEG

DC says to chamber a 6.5-300Weatherby, others
say a 6.5Dakota!! Somebody,anybody please talk to me about the 6.5STW(7STW necked down
to 6.5) before I jump off and have this
chambered in my 30" Hart 8twist barrel,REM.
Long Action. THANKS GEG

If Darryl told me to chamber something in 6.5-300..I would probably do it....He has alot of time with that caliber....The smallest I own is the 7mm stw........If I were to build a smaller one it probably would be the 6.5-300....
grin.gif

Hello

Just got back to PA from Ohio and been on the road today.
The 6.5/300 Weatherby is a fine caliber and was the old standby (still is for many) longrange rifle in Pennsylvania. It also held a World record or two at the Wiliiamsport 1000 yard club.

It would be the maximum size case I would chamber the 6.5--140 to 155 gr bullet for.

It MUST have the 8 twist and a 30" barrel to really appreciate what it will do.

A friend of mine in Alaska had one chambered and the other day he shot a 114 LB wolf with it amd from what I understand, almost tore that wolf in half. He said he will have alot of sewing to do on the hide.

Anyway, the 6.5/300 Weatherby is a very good cartridge.

Later
Darryl Cassel

[ 03-15-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Thanks DC, you have made my mind up for me.
The 6.5-300Weatherby for me and a 7mmRUM for
my father. We are getting ready for a long range stand off if its gets down to it. Add
these to our other "TOYS" and south TEXAS
will be able to sleep better at night. LOL!!!
THANKS again for your time. GEG

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.