6.5 stw dies

A single pass through a 6.5 STW Full length die will propperly neck down the cartridge. As for Die Choices, I really like Redding as a first choice, RCBS as a Second choice and Hornady as a third. More than likely the only one of the three that carries that die ready made and on the shelf will be RCBS. You'll probablly have to wait to have it made by Redding or Hornady and you'll expect to pay upwards of $150.00 for the set. That's not including a Benchrest or Micrometer seater or a Bushing style die, just the standard set.

Dan

MWH,

You can use your fl dies to neck size only if you back it off 1/2 turn. That is what I do and then I bump back the shoulder every 3rd fireing. I definately do this for Belted magnum cases as you want the cartridge to headspace off of the shoulder rather than the belt anyway. It's not nessesary to buy the neck die unless you are shooting benchrest. I also follow this procedure for my 7STW and the 7mm Rem Mags, .300 & .338 Win mags as well as the .300 H&H rifles that I load for. It seems to help the accuracy.

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.