6.5 stw, 6.5-.300wtby, 6.5rsaum, or 6.5rcm.

George is running h1000 powder at a very low pressure. This seems to be the key to long barrel life in the 6.5 SAUM.:cool:

Paul

That is interesting. It should be interesting to see how well RL33 pushes the 160's. When I do the 264 Montana I might sell the 6.5 WSM :rolleyes:

Keep in mind I said "close" to the same speed :D Should end up screaming the 160's ~100-125fps slower than Georges 130 combo; albeit at much higher pressure.

t

Check out the 6.5 Allen Express. Based on the Dakota case, not sure what else is done to the case.

Anytime you push a 6.5 bullet with a big case they burn barrels; sometimes in as little as 500 to 700 rounds. Winchester even made there model 70 in 264 Win Mag available In stainless because they thought it might help all the complaining about throat wear. Now they are accurate and seem to really kill but the barrel life is bad. I would check out a 6.5 Creedmore or 6.4x47 if I wanted barrel life. I believe the velocity in these are good with a lot less powder. I have seen throats completely gone at 500 rounds in a 6.5x300 Weatherby. Alex Hoyer made from Lewistown Pa. made this case popular a long time ago. Guys around here have been shooting and hunting long range for over 50 years. Matt

If you can wait, the 26 Nosler is coming next year. Claiming 3400 fops w/a 129 gr LRAB. If it was me I'd take a good look at the 6.5 SAUM. Bruce

If you can wait, the 26 Nosler is coming next year. Claiming 3400 fops w/a 129 gr LRAB. If it was me I'd take a good look at the 6.5 SAUM. Bruce
I'm going to have to keep my eye out for this one. From what little I can find it's completely proprietary rather than one of the wildcats standardized and renamed.

It already has a lot of appeal to me simply for the fact that it's a Nosler cartridge so they'll be making brass for it as well as probably some factory ammo.

I'm not one to jump on the newest and coolest thing coming out but if it lives up to the hype it's going to be a very appealing and interesting round.

What about the 264 Win Mag ??? I am shooting 140 Bergers at 3279 out of mine. With great accuracy shoots in the .3s at 100. It has also shot several 500yd groups at 1.5 and under.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.