6.5 sst (sherman short tactical) arrived

I am proud to announce the new partnership between Axial Precision and Sherman Wildcats. If you don't already know, they have a very unique action that proves out on paper. They just put this rifle together and shot these groups while fire forming. It seems to like the Berger's a bit! They plan on making the SST their mainstay for competition and some very deadly sheep rifles. With this kind of velocity and accuracy from a sub 22" barrel, what's not to like for a sheep hammer! Watch for us at the January sheep show in Reno.View attachment 104804
That's really neat Rich! So awesome to see the progression of your wildcats! What's next?

Wondering if any one that has the 6.5 sst is running 156gr bergers in a 1:8 barrel. If so what kind of accuracy are you getting?

Is anyone else loading 156 bergers for a 6.5SST? My rifle is chambered with the "6.5SST II" reamer. I'm getting just under 3k FPS with a COAL of 2.91 with 61.1 Gr H1000, Fed210 primers, ADG brass.

Is that a compressed load Rich? Mine is, but I haven't tried N565. Sorry my barrel is 26" as well. My ES is 30FPS so Im going to try some BR2 primers, accuracy is **** good out to 1000 yards. Killed a mtn goat and a wolf so far this season!

Is that a compressed load Rich? Mine is, but I haven't tried N565. Sorry my barrel is 26" as well. My ES is 30FPS so Im going to try some BR2 primers, accuracy is **** good out to 1000 yards. Killed a mtn goat and a wolf so far this season!
Thats Great!!
N565 is more dense. It will hold more than H1000

Load data for 6.5 SST II. Ran 140 Bergers with 61g H1000 at 3201. ES at 21. Temp 56, Elevation 5702 and it shot a nice group. My BTO is 2.150 since I am running a magazine feed for this build. Max COL is 2.860 with the HS Precision mag. Wyatts will give you 2.880 with a slight mod to the magazine. This is what works for my build. Just info for fellow 6.5 SST shooters. I am running a 26" wilson barrel, 8 twist, #4 contour with a MBM super babybeast brake. I have load data for the 30 Sheman mag as well. Just finished cerakoting the 28 Sherman Mag today so out for testing this week. Best of luck to all.

Load data for 6.5 SST II. Ran 140 Bergers with 61g H1000 at 3201. ES at 21. Temp 56, Elevation 5702 and it shot a nice group. My BTO is 2.150 since I am running a magazine feed for this build. Max COL is 2.860 with the HS Precision mag. Wyatts will give you 2.880 with a slight mod to the magazine. This is what works for my build. Just info for fellow 6.5 SST shooters. I am running a 26" wilson barrel, 8 twist, #4 contour with a MBM super babybeast brake. I have load data for the 30 Sheman mag as well. Just finished cerakoting the 28 Sherman Mag today so out for testing this week. Best of luck to all.
Thx Chris. good data!