6.5 sst (sherman short tactical) arrived

That would be a question for your gunsmith? I am not very familiar with the Browning. It works in most other rifles though.

I haven't been on in a while. Sorry about that. I shot the first club match of my year today. Rifle is still a winner. The SST gave me a real advantage in the wind today. It was one of those days I knew if it was a hit as soon as the trigger broke. If I could get the wobble out of my shooting positions, I'd be a lot better. I ended up fourth today against some really good shooters.

I am right at 1000 rounds down the barrel. Almost all have been PRS style shooting. 10 or so rounds in 2 minutes or less. So I'm not babying the barrel at all. I put a camera down the barrel and I think there is plenty of life left on it. Seems Rich is going to be right on his barrel life predictions.

Second match of the season and another fourth place finish. 95 PRS points this time. I'm getting closer. The SST has been completely drama free so far. I haven't chased the lands or adjusted the seating depth since the barrel broke in.

I'm on the eighth/ninth reload on the brass and the neck tension just started to drop off. This happens with brass over time. I'll drop down from a .292 bushing to .290. I'd probably go .291 but I don't have one.

Little update on the SST. I shot the Rocky Mountain Mayhem PRS match last weekend. I started slow first day (I do that a lot, nerves I guess) but finished the day strong. At the end of the day I was in the top 30% which is great for me against that level of competition. Second day the wheels fell off. I ended up in the top half, but was pretty dissapointed in the way I shot.

I checked velocity and groups with the 14 rounds I had left after the match and there was signs that the barrel needed some love. I chased the lands some and bumped my powder up to 56.9 grains which put me at 3070fps. Still shooting better that 3/4 MOA which means someone who practices that sort of thing would be sub 1/2 MOA.

Yesterday I shot a local one day match and came up with a second place finish, one shot behind the winner. The SST is still shooting great.

I had to chase the lands and bump powder charge on my last barrel (6.5x47) at 1000 rounds so that's a pretty normal thing.

I still think the wind advantage is huge. I can miss the wind call and still get some impacts. In a sport where 2 impacts can move you 6 spots in the standings, it helps.