6.5 SS (Sherman Shortmag)

Has anyone tried Ramshot LRT in their 6.5 SS? I really like the low pressure node I run in my 6.5 with RL33 & 160 Matrix. I also noticed that there was some data for LRT in the 6.5 PRC. Got me think it may be worth trying out as RL33 is nowhere to be found.
Kevin

Wondering if any 6.5 SS shooters have tried the Badlands Precision 125 grain bulldozer 2, and if so what you found for accuracy, load data, etc?

Looking to build a 6.5 SS on a Kelbly Nanook short action (.532) 20" barltein 5r 1-7.5 twist. Wyatt's MBE-4 box. Is there anything that I need to know that I could be missing OR recommendations? I'm hoping Rich has the rental Reamer, brass and dies in stock? I'm curious too, will I need to neck down the 6.5 brass?

Sorry all, I accidentally cut the top paragraph of my post above…

Thank you guys for all the input and good reading regarding the 6.5 SS. It sure sounds like a winner to me. I've got a 18" 7SAUM that is a joy to pack, but I'm wanting something else. I had a 6 Creed built for my kids and thing is a hammer. I've been wanting to do something on a custom short action so between the 300 SS and the 6.5 SS, I think the 6.5 is a clear go to for staying with a short action. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated! Please see the second half of my post above.

Looking to build a 6.5 SS on a Kelbly Nanook short action (.532) 20" barltein 5r 1-7.5 twist. Wyatt's MBE-4 box. Is there anything that I need to know that I could be missing OR recommendations? I'm hoping Rich has the rental Reamer, brass and dies in stock? I'm curious too, will I need to neck down the 6.5 brass?
You will neck down .284 brass. Hope this helps.

Finally got the right scope rings in! Now on to some break in and load development. I'm going to start with Berger 140 Elite Hunters and go from there. The 156 EOL bullets are what I plan on shooting…once they become available again.
D22CC91F-D793-4064-A5CE-AD62766CA4C2.jpeg

Hey all,
Going to resurrect this thread. I'm new to this group and am really interested in the 6.5SS. I was wondering what everyone is doing for brass prep on the 6.5. Any neck turning? Trim length after firing if needed? What bushing size people are using for proper neck tension?
Thanks

Hey all,
Going to resurrect this thread. I'm new to this group and am really interested in the 6.5SS. I was wondering what everyone is doing for brass prep on the 6.5. Any neck turning? Trim length after firing if needed? What bushing size people are using for proper neck tension?
Thanks
the only brass prep is necking down from 7mm but no turning and fully formed. You'll probably want a .291" bushing.
Trim length is 1.950"

20" 6.5SS is just too fun.
View attachment 334883
Light load is a 130 TMK @ 3035fps for varmint hunting and banging steel WAY out there. 1400 is easy.
My hunting loads have a few options. None are hot loads. All are ridiculously accurate.
156 Elite @ 2916fps
144 LR Hyb @ 3055fps
130 TGK @ 3085fps
129 AH @ 3250ish (can't remember exactly)
What is your load for the 129 AH? I should be receiving mine today in the mail!