6.5 sporter "grendel"

Bob the nailer

I am looking to buy a 6.5 sporter upper form Model1 sales. I know it's the 6.5 Grendel with slightly diffrent chamber dems, so I can shoot the Grendel ammo.

Anyone have experience with Model1 uppers?

I'd avoid Model1sales. Their prices are pretty good... but there's a reason for it. The 6.5 is a great little round, but I'd shoot it out of something else. I've heard alot of different complaints about Model1 and I only know one person who was totally happy with a Model1 product. I once tried one of their A2 stocks, the fit and finish sucked and it rattled like crazy (tried it on 3 different lowers and it did it on all of em) I tried selling it, but I found I couldn't hardly give it away.

The M1S stuff is nice, but I haven't tried precision stuff with it. I am considering another 7.62x39 from M1S, but would probably go higher for a "precision" build. Take a look at the 6.5grendel forum

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.