6.5 something

My saum feeds very smooth. What action did you put your saum on. I know you said adl but was it a regular action opened up for mags or was it a wsm action to begin with. There are a few tricks to get the 700 to feed fatties.
Shep

My saum feeds very smooth. What action did you put your saum on. I know you said adl but was it a regular action opened up for mags or was it a wsm action to begin with. There are a few tricks to get the 700 to feed fatties.
Shep

Yes it was 222 action to start. I may just have the stock opened up to BDL and go to a centerfeed Wyatt box.

Talking with @GLTaylor about building a 264 cal that would be beltless in the 70-80 grains of powder capacity. Need to have good quality and available brass. Thoughts?
Questions questions runnning through my mind.

Sounds like a barrel burner. Getting the correct twist rate sounds like a challange as the speeds could possibly strip the peojectile or cause tumbling I would think. Have you found a projectile?

High quality brass. Maybe Norma? Gee mate. Im still stuck on the case compacity for a 264😦

Oh. You own Hammer Bullets😅

.........Sounds like a barrel burner. Getting the correct twist rate sounds like a challange as the speeds could possibly strip the peojectile or cause tumbling I would think. Have you found a projectile?.........

Plenty of online tools to assist with calculating twist rates.

Custom barrels are readily ordered in most twist rates.

Increased twist rates don't harm bullets (mono's), as an example the 6.5, 124 Hammer Hunter is stable in a 1-8" twist, I'm shooting it a 1-6" twist without issues. Other examples up and down the line to support this.

I'm currently shooting the 124 Hammer Hunter at 3960 fps, without seeing the effects you're curious about.

Barrel life is relative, and should be qualified by purpose. A rifle intended to competitively shoot 10 round groups, or a volume oriented varmint rifle with 500-1000 round days, will suffer long before a big game rifle is no longer useable.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.