6.5 something

33 nosler would be close but a lot of necking to do. Maybe the 25 blackjack? It is the 7 blaser necked down. I have a reamer for a 6.5 on the 308 norma case changed to 30 degree but it is belted.
You're thinking of the 257 Blackbird that's a necked down Blaser. The Blackjack is a modified and necked down 7 SAUM

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't go anything over a 6.5x284. Anything that burns more powder than that you'll be replacing the barrel pretty quick. But it's your money you do whatever.

You'll need a very slow burning powder you can't find right now, a bonded , high ballistic coefficient bullet that holds together at close range yet expands reliably at lower velocities, readily available brass and better put creedmoor in the name somewhere or it will never work! Lmao!
That is funny. Call it the 6.5 CM Super!

Hopefully some more brass companies will start making the rpm brass. I think it will make an impressive line of cartridges. I'm liking the idea of a 7rpm. But really it could make any standard bolt face long action a magnum equivalent.
Shep

I would neck down a 300 PRC to a 6.5 if I was inclined. Easy brass availability, good geometry, and has probably already been done.

Also 6.5 or 7 SAUM are cool.

You will need a lot of barrel length to achieve a lot over the SAUM or SS class of cartridges out there. 26N, 6.5x300 PRC, etc size casing.
A 28" gain twist 7.75-6.75" Shooting 131's or heavier.

You could always neck down a 300 Norma mag...but a 7rum necked down May be more cost effective
That's an option, but a big jump in case capacity compared to what he wants, a 7mm mag would be right where he wants it. Brass, not sure if it's worth it

OK, so Thor is taken so now I am thinking 6.5 Sledge Hammer based off the .375 Ruger. Hey the name is most important just like the 6.5CM kills over the horizon.

He doesn't want a belt but the 6.5x257wby works real good and goes 100fps faster than my 6.5 saum. Gotta love that long neck too.
I have the reamer but never built one for myself.
Shep

I like that cartridge with the right throat.

I built a SAUM with ADL configuration and a Wyatt box. The feeding is finicky at best.
I gave it to a buddy to use on a hunt and he struggled with it.

those 257x6.5 wby rounds will slide right in

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.