6.5 Shooters Favorite Reload Bullet For Hunting Deer and Elk?

Gone Ballistic

Now that the 6.5 Creedmoor has been used awhile for hunting and the 6.5 PRC has been on hunter's lists of favorites for a year, I am wondering what hunting bullets being manufactured today have etched their way into becoming a favorite. I'm sure many of us who reload this caliber have only loaded one or two brands and weights of this caliber as we dialed in a load on paper but, didn't see how it's terminal velocity interacted with an animal because, they didn't shoot one or get to hunt this past season. So, feel free to inform those of us how, what and why you think a particular bullet coupled with your caliber shoots with the best hunting performance. This will help some of us to try something different that will be better than what we are presently using.

6.5-300 bee 124 hammer
26 nosler 124 hammer.
6.5 Sherman short well I'll tell you tomorrow but hoping for history to repeat it's self and have the 123 absolute hammer shoot. I know hammer are devastating on game thus far. Switched from Barnes lrx and haven't looked back.

6.5-300 bee 124 hammer
26 nosler 124 hammer.
6.5 Sherman short well I'll tell you tomorrow but hoping for history to repeat it's self and have the 123 absolute hammer shoot. I know hammer are devastating on game thus far. Switched from Barnes lrx and haven't looked back.
Can't wait to hear about the 123 AH and the 6.5 CM, and how they play together................... I was told to use faster powder than RL26, so let me know.

Can't wait to hear about the 123 AH and the 6.5 CM, and how they play together................... I was told to use faster powder than RL26, so let me know.
I know you are doing the 6.5 Sherman short , just wanting to add some request for info, if you have it. Looking at the SST as a swap option for my CM

I have some loaded up for my step dads creed with varget, I'm playing with 26 and the 123's to see if it does anything magical if not I'll go to 6.5 stabal or superproformance and try there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.