6.5 SHERMAN MAX

Bushing size for 6.5 Max? .290?

per Highdrum:
Brass required turning for proper clearance. Process is: cleaned, annealed, sized w/ 287 bushing, expanded with 262 mandrel tumbled. Gives 2.5k nk tension.

Is this process for the New headstamped brass?
Maybe I'll get a couple different bshng.
I necked all my brass down with a 302 bushing, then 289, expanded with 263 mandrel, neck turned to 0.014 thickness as my rifle is chambered with the original max reamer that had a 296 nk, the newer revision has a 298 neck for no turn. I just can't vibe with Cases that don't slip a bullet in the neck after firing.

I necked all my brass down with a 302 bushing, then 289, expanded with 263 mandrel, neck turned to 0.014 thickness as my rifle is chambered with the original max reamer that had a 296 nk, the newer revision has a 298 neck for no turn. I just can't vibe with Cases that don't slip a bullet in the neck after firing.
The new formed brass has a thinner neck wall than the original brass

Guess I'll measure up & size some brass & see which reamer to go with accordingly. Need to find the best combo of Reamer neck dimension, neck bushing size, for neck tension
& clearance for bullet release, for the
New Brass as well as the Next Gen Brass. 🤔

Last edited:
Guess I'll measure up & size some brass & see which reamer to go with accordingly. Need to find the best combo of Reamer neck dimension, neck bushing size, for neck tension
& clearance for bullet release, for the
New Brass as well as the Next Gen Brass. 🤔
Id go with the Gen I and new hrass. it leaves a little room to turn if you want.
Next run of brass MAY be a little thicker?