6.5 SHERMAN MAX

To sell new cartridges that do nothing that old ones don't already accomplish.

I have no idea why tacticool PRS guys do what they do, nor care what the man buns of the shooting world do with their Creedmoors.
I'll admit I'm just a hunter and don't really know anything about prs but, having a couple myself, I think if you could bring yourself to take a spin with one of Rich's chamberings, you'd more than likely enjoy it very much. They're certainly not the fastest out there but, as a general rule, they're the extremely reliable maximum effort for their case family and size. Good brass life and respectable velocity along with accuracy and decent bbl life.

We (or should I saw the ammo & gun makers) need about20 more 6.5s. I have 6.5 x55, 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5-300 weatherby. Small, medium & large.

Don't get stuck on it not working on a short actions though! With bullets like a 140 AB, etc, it would run in the low to mid 2.9 coal range at a velocity between 3350-3400'.

Rich, the simplicity of fire forming 6.5 Max cases is really appealing. With it's large powder capacity, what are your thoughts on running a heavy projectile, say like the 156 gr Berger, in a short action at magazine length?

Rich, the simplicity of fire forming 6.5 Max cases is really appealing. With it's large powder capacity, what are your thoughts on running a heavy projectile, say like the 156 gr Berger, in a short action at magazine length?
Maybe 3200' with finding the correct powder.
It would require seating the bullet into the case a fair amount

Maybe 3200' with finding the correct powder.
It would require seating the bullet into the case a fair amount
Thanks. For me, the powder would be H1000 or Retumbo. I don't mind the idea of speed being lower, but I wonder what the powder fill ratio might do for consistent velocities.
Anyway, it sounds like a viable option.

Thanks. For me, the powder would be H1000 or Retumbo. I don't mind the idea of speed being lower, but I wonder what the powder fill ratio might do for consistent velocities.
Anyway, it sounds like a viable option.
Either should work. Maybe Retumbo first

Rich,

Would you say the real benefit of the Max over the SS is using the slow bulky powders for the heavy long bullets where you can not pressure out in the smaller SS and could run them a tenth or two longer COAL.

N570/RL33 is what I was thinking.

Thanks.

All the MAX versions seem almost made for the tikka t3 if someone wants something more budget friendly than a custom.