6.5 Sherman Max load data compilation

Northkill

Good day fellas. I was looking around for load data for a potential 6.5 Sherman Max build and felt a need to organized some useful data. There's bits and pieces of info scattered around on here, but much is missing some useful context. If you have one of these cartridges and can contribute, please do so for the benefit of us all.

Include the following information:
- Barrel brand & length
- Action & size (short/medium/long)
- Brass
- Bullet (distance from lands if you have it)
- COAL
- Powder (type & weight)
- Primer
- Velocity (highest accuracy node below pressure signs)

Feel free to add anything more than what's on the list that you care to share, including what you would do different if you did it again.

I'd like to keep this thread to facts as much as possible and not a discussion about which 6.5 is best, etc. 😉

I'd like to keep this thread to facts as much as possible and not a discussion about which 6.5 is best, etc. 😉
Good luck with that lol nothing stays on track!
My Sherman load data page was supposed to be only the data sheet I upload but 23 pages later.... as people PM me data I've tried to keep up but so little comes in.
Sorry but I dont have any data that has made it to me.
I'd say look at the 6.5ss data and extrapolate from there. Hopefully someone who has built one will have hard data for you.

I just added a couple loads for the 6.5 max with123 and 129 absolute hammer to the Sherman data. I have to get it to Len to add since my abilities to edit and replace the original file and keep it clean are gone. Also there is more data on the 6.5 max and the absolute hammers that gltaylor put together on here.
123 absolute hammer 69.5 grains rl 26 2.978" COAL Fed 210 3556fps
129 absolute hammer 68.2 grains rl 26 3.020" COAL Fed 210 3451fps
Both loads were from same person and 26" barrel 1:7.5

I just added a couple loads for the 6.5 max with123 and 129 absolute hammer to the Sherman data. I have to get it to Len to add since my abilities to edit and replace the original file and keep it clean are gone. Also there is more data on the 6.5 max and the absolute hammers that gltaylor put together on here.
123 absolute hammer 69.5 grains rl 26 2.978" COAL Fed 210 3556fps
129 absolute hammer 68.2 grains rl 26 3.020" COAL Fed 210 3451fps
Both loads were from same person and 26" barrel 1:7.5
Thanks for the contribution. A good start. :)

Check or post on the Sherman FB page.