6.5 saum with R26 capabilities

fisherman983

After a long love/hate relationship with the my 264 win mags im interested in the saum. I'm a 6.5 guy thru and thru and looking at the possibilies that r26 could bring with the 140s?

Well, it will reach 3250 in the ss and it's just a baby Saum....:D
Is there a thread somewhere that has the info on your 6.5 ss
Barrel life
Parent case
Brass prep time
I'm in the brain storming stages of a possible future build. 1 action, 1 stock, switch barrel configuration. Both short action cartridges that will feed/function in the same mag. 6.5 cm for long barrel life/plinking/practice and then a bigger 6.5 for hunting/longer range stuff. 6.5 ss, saum, 6.5 wsm etc .

If you run a query under "rifles, bullets, barrels, ballistics" forum asking for 6.5 ss Sherman Shortmag, you will find days of reading.
No one has shot out a barrel yet, but there are some approaching 2000 rounds. The parent is the Saum. Case prep is not bad if you have the tools and savy. Several guys do their own, or I have prepped brass in stock and head stamped will be available this summer.
Also, check out "Post your Sherman kills" especially the most recent post.

59gr reloader 26, 140gr Berger hybrid, nosler brass in my 6.5saum is my accuracy load in my custom savage

58.8gr with 143gr Hornady eldx

Both going 3140fps
Hit over 3200fps during load work up and don't think I ever hit pressure signs. Backed down to 3140 for accuracy...

I'm finding I get about 100 to 150 fps more speed before hitting pressure signs than h1000 or reloader 25 in similar capacity cases on the heavy for caliber bullets... 6.5 rsaum, 2506ai, 280ai

Orch

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts