6.5 SAUM Range update

I'd pack some at .110 to retest as well. If you're questioning what it was, you might actually not know b/c they're shot now.

Wouldn't hurt to shoot a couple more at .110 or .120 to see what you got.

Don't get discouraged you will find what she wants This is the fun part just like a new relationship spend a little time work with it and enjoy it the great things don't always come in the beginning

6.5 Gap 4s is one of the most accurate guns I own, and it absolutely loves the 140 berger elite hunters or hybrids.. H-1000 somewhere between 58.0 -61.0 grains.. Load those suckers at .010-.015 off the lands and they are going to shoot all day long.. You will need to keep your velocity at 3000 to 3060 and you will find a awesome node in there.. If you get shooting too fast they open up some...
If you aren't stuck on shooting a nosler then give those Bergers a try.. they shoot lights out and have killed everything I have sent them at.. Good luck ..

6.5 Gap 4s is one of the most accurate guns I own, and it absolutely loves the 140 berger elite hunters or hybrids.. H-1000 somewhere between 58.0 -61.0 grains.. Load those suckers at .010-.015 off the lands and they are going to shoot all day long.. You will need to keep your velocity at 3000 to 3060 and you will find a awesome node in there.. If you get shooting too fast they open up some...
If you aren't stuck on shooting a nosler then give those Bergers a try.. they shoot lights out and have killed everything I have sent them at.. Good luck ..

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

I have 300 Bergers to give a try. I just wanted to get the LRAB's shooting good. If the LRABs at 2 different seating depth groups shoot good this weekend, I am going to shift to working up a load with the Bergers.

My 6.5 SAUM was by far the easiest rifle i have ever loaded for. Berger 140 EH .010" off the lands, 62.0gr H4831SC goes into same hole at 100 yards and under 1.5" at 450 yards. Haven't shot out any further. H4831SC was surprisingly fast in my rifle. Had no reason to test any other powder.
Resized_20200415_194436.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.