6.5 SAUM / GAP H4831sc

Colin78

I have been searching thru old posts looking for any data on using H4831sc with the 6.5 saum / GAP 4s and haven't found much. I have a 22" 6.5 gap 4s built by APR and looking for a little more speed than I think i'm going to get with H1000. I have heard of people having great luck with H4831sc but I can't find any data to point me to a starting point. Looking at 130 and 140 grain projectiles.

Rl26 will get you the speed you want. Mine is slow with h1000 and retumbo but jumps big-time with rl26. I think 7828ssc will be faster than h4831sc. I'm trying it soon.
Shep

Thanks for the reply. I want to stick with the Hodgden Extreme powders. I'm in Texas and we get huge temp swings and I have seen some pressure spikes at over 80 degrees which we get even in the dead of winter here.

Rl26 isn't that bad like 22 and 25. I use extreme powders for compatition because of the insensitivity but speed is not their forte.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts