6.5 rsaum load data

brandon327

Does anyone have a starting load for 6.5 rsaum with 156 bergers and RL-26 and N565? I have searched the internet but haven't been able to come up with anything? Which primer large rifle or large rifle magnum ?

Does anyone have a starting load for 6.5 rsaum with 156 bergers and RL-26 and N565? I have searched the internet but haven't been able to come up with anything? Which primer large rifle or large rifle magnum ?
Those powders have similar burn rates as H1000 which is what I use in my 6.5 GAP - do you shoot a ladder? I highly recommend shooting a ladder in any new load development

I currently shoot Berger 140's in the GAP with 61.3 grains of H1000 and a large rifle primer. IME a mag primer is not needed until you get above 65 grains or so of powder which you wont reach. With a 156 you may want to back off the 140 known loads about 8 - 10% and start to shoot up the ladder and find your node. I usually shoot at 500 yards both to create a good dispersion but also not far enough to introduce an additional variance.