6.5 RPM

What about barrels 22" to 26" max light contours and stocks, if i go Winchester pre 64s its Mcmillan I think they are my only option? If I go Remmy 700s lots of stock options
looking for info on parts?

What about barrels 22" to 26" max light contours and stocks, if i go Winchester pre 64s its Mcmillan I think they are my only option? If I go Remmy 700s lots of stock options
looking for info on parts?
I have a 26 inch on mine I would not go below 24 myself its a benchmark 4 McMillan stock defiance action jewell trigger Hawkins bottom metal

I have a 26 inch on mine I would not go below 24 myself its a benchmark 4 McMillan stock defiance action jewell trigger Hawkins bottom metal
Vary nice! I do like Benchmark barrel I have a 6.5 #12 i think ,light palma fluted ,havent chambered it for anything yet

Last edited:
The 6.5 Interests me too. Buy a few boxes of factoey ($150), keep that brass, Redding has dies. This is a brand new caliber, just like many reloaders, The powder needed is VERY Hard to find

If you are going to shoot factory and reloads and want a 6.5 (.264) I would go 6.5 PRC, 6.5-284 or 26 Nosler. The others mentions dont have many factory offerings.

does anyone have a chamber reamer for 6.5 RPM? Trying to figure out what Im going to build. I want to do something in 6.5 or 7mm, I have winny per 64 mod 70 actions and remmy 700s. Want to build 2 identical guns 1 for my 17yr old son and 1 for me a 55yr old wishing he was 12yrs old!
light weight as i get them to be, carbon stocks, #3 or #4 contour fluted barrels.
welcome to any and all ideas
Thank you
Ptg had the 6.5 rpm reamers advertised., They were around $240, which seems about $60 more than they should be. And probably a good 6 week or more wait.

If you are going to shoot factory and reloads and want a 6.5 (.264) I would go 6.5 PRC, 6.5-284 or 26 Nosler. The others mentions dont have many factory offerings.
I agree on the 6.5x284 or what's wrong with 6.5x06 or even 6.5x 55AI don't have to change bolt face plenty of cheap brass

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.