6.5 remington magnum

ann brezinski

does any one hunt with one of these.if so what would be your deer load,i have a 660 remington that is like new.looking for info on deer loads.

IMG_0190.jpg

Ann, I do, and I hope this helps you, I chose to go lighter with bullet selection. Caveat here is I hunt in So. Texas so distance is within 200-250 yds and generally within 175 yds.
- Mine is a 600 Mohawk with an 18.5" barrel.
- Please start low and work your way up.
- first is a 100gr Barnes TTSX with 52.3 grs H380, WLR primer 2.895 COAL, R-P Cases which gave me 3115.4 FPS avg.
- second is a 85gr Sierra Varminter bullet p/n 1700, 57.5 grs of H380, WLR Primer and R-P cases. 3283.6 FPS avg.

Both loads gave me sub .5" MOA groups and POA was within .5" vertical of each other @ 100yds. The lighter bullets provided a very light recoil.

I am anxious to try Hammers in it but both these loads shoot so well that well, if it ain't broke. on a side note, this was my first stock build, I found it roughed in and I finished it myself and kinda pleased with the results and bedded with Brownell's compounds and has a Timney trigger at 2.5lbs. the Glass is a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10 x 44. Good luck with yours.

I own both 600's and 660's in 6.5's, Have loaded everything from old school sierra 85 grain HP's to 103 accubonds. Mine tend to like 100-120 grain pills the best. Been a few years since I have shot them, but never had one that didn't shoot well.

I own both 600's and 660's in 6.5's, Have loaded everything from old school sierra 85 grain HP's to 103 accubonds. Mine tend to like 100-120 grain pills the best. Been a few years since I have shot them, but never had one that didn't shoot well.
Nice! I think I would like to own the same rifle in .222 and 350 Rem Mag.

View attachment 408651
Ann, I do, and I hope this helps you, I chose to go lighter with bullet selection. Caveat here is I hunt in So. Texas so distance is within 200-250 yds and generally within 175 yds.
- Mine is a 600 Mohawk with an 18.5" barrel.
- Please start low and work your way up.
- first is a 100gr Barnes TTSX with 52.3 grs H380, WLR primer 2.895 COAL, R-P Cases which gave me 3115.4 FPS avg.
- second is a 85gr Sierra Varminter bullet p/n 1700, 57.5 grs of H380, WLR Primer and R-P cases. 3283.6 FPS avg.

Both loads gave me sub .5" MOA groups and POA was within .5" vertical of each other @ 100yds. The lighter bullets provided a very light recoil.

I am anxious to try Hammers in it but both these loads shoot so well that well, if it ain't broke. on a side note, this was my first stock build, I found it roughed in and I finished it myself and kinda pleased with the results and bedded with Brownell's compounds and has a Timney trigger at 2.5lbs. the Glass is a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10 x 44. Good luck with yours.
Love that rifle!!!

thanks for your help.i have loaded 120 nosler ballistic tips over 4350 de pont powder at 53.0 grains.have yet to shoot it but have to put a scope on it.i may shoot a couple to see how the open sights wort and hunt out of my brothers other stand. shots therew are under 50 yards so i should not have trouble.

thanks for your help.i have loaded 120 nosler ballistic tips over 4350 de pont powder at 53.0 grains.have yet to shoot it but have to put a scope on it.i may shoot a couple to see how the open sights wort and hunt out of my brothers other stand. shots therew are under 50 yards so i should not have trouble.
Good Bullet, the 125 gr Partition is used with great success in this rifle with excellent results on deer. Good luck.

Sierra doesn't manufacture the 85gr in 26cal any more. It was 1 of my P-dog bullets for 264wm.
You are correct, I find them occasionally on here, but becoming more scarce, they run really well out of an AR10 6.5 CM as well. Would've been a great combo for P-dogs. Ill have to find a substitute for it, but I still have enough for my needs.

You are correct, I find them occasionally on here, but becoming more scarce, they run really well out of an AR10 6.5 CM as well. Would've been a great combo for P-dogs. Ill have to find a substitute for it, but I still have enough for my needs.
I run speer 90tnt for now.

The 140smk does wonders on p dogs. Usually a hand puppet when shot under the chin.

I will have to try that, I hope I can get closer to my POI of the 100 TTSX with it. I just got really lucky with my bullet choices. Thanks for the recommendation!
I was around the 600 yard mark when that shot occurred. Sierra produced 92.6gr 26cal bullets for I don't know who? So I bought all they had left for the grendel. The bullets are boattails. 5 bullets Sierra produced are no longer in production, so I bought all of what I could.

I have 2 full boxes of sierra's 85gr left I probably won't use since I can't get any more if you're interested? No sale, just trade.