6.5 remington magnum

ann brezinski

any one have one of these in the 660 or 600 modles ?what are your faverate deer loads for it and your thoughts on the rifle itself?
gary b

I know this is an older thread. Just joined a little while ago. I have a 660 with 20" barrel i inherited from my dad a couple years ago. Found a couple boxes of ammo from a place that loads 123g hornady sst. He hasn't had any since my initial purchase. He rates them at 3000+ fps. I have had good luck with them. Never missed with yet and nothing ran past 50 yards. 1/2" at 100 yards. Just bought dies to reload my spent shells. Bought some 123g sst and also some Nosler partition 125g. Just reloaded them this past week and i am going to try them out this weekend. I am using the H4831sc and imr4831 powders. I consulted the nosler load data and used the most accurate load powder they recommended. I can't find any brass anywhere for them other than qual-cart. Hard to pay $2+ for brass. Might not have a choice if i can't find any anywhere else. Overall its a great little rifle for the size. Very accurate and easy to tote around and access in stand. Great looks with the laminated stock as well. If anyone knows of somewhere to buy brass i would love to hear about it.

I know this is an older thread. Just joined a little while ago. I have a 660 with 20" barrel i inherited from my dad a couple years ago. Found a couple boxes of ammo from a place that loads 123g hornady sst. He hasn't had any since my initial purchase. He rates them at 3000+ fps. I have had good luck with them. Never missed with yet and nothing ran past 50 yards. 1/2" at 100 yards. Just bought dies to reload my spent shells. Bought some 123g sst and also some Nosler partition 125g. Just reloaded them this past week and i am going to try them out this weekend. I am using the H4831sc and imr4831 powders. I consulted the nosler load data and used the most accurate load powder they recommended. I can't find any brass anywhere for them other than qual-cart. Hard to pay $2+ for brass. Might not have a choice if i can't find any anywhere else. Overall its a great little rifle for the size. Very accurate and easy to tote around and access in stand. Great looks with the laminated stock as well. If anyone knows of somewhere to buy brass i would love to hear about it.
Bertram had 6.5 rem mag brass not that long ago, not sure if they still stock it or not.

Thanks, I checked but they do not have any right now. Got lucky and found a forum member that had some that he sold to me. That will at least get me started. Still looking for more.

Luckily, a member on accurate shooter forum had some new remington brass that he could spare to get me started. Im still looking for some more but now i can at least get started working up some loads for hunting. If i can't find any more anywhere else, i can always buy come qual-cart. Hard to pay that much for just brass though.

well now i have 100 pcs of brass for my 660 6.5 magnum.going to hunt deer the end of the month with it i think.no scope on it so will use the other stand .its a short range 50 yard area or so.i got a doe tag in my pocket for that place.

Recent Posts