6.5 prc

You want an answer about your question ask it about the particular rifle you are interested in instead of just posting a caliber. David

I'm shooting a 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro with its skinny, fluted barrel, fluted bolt and bolt handle and carbon fiber stock. It's a mountain rifle at 6 lbs. 3 oz. After 5 fast shots groups open up to a full 1 MOA to 1 1/4 MOA.
Great 1/2 MOA accuracy using 143. gr. Hornady EPD-X factory ammo. Trying some 147 ELD-M next week then buying Redding Precision 3 die setup. Maybe I'll get some 153 Hornady A-Tip bullets as well.
BTW, that is NOT my trigger finger. ;o)
P7312027.jpg

Last edited:
I got to run 30 rds thru my browning xbolt max long range 6.5prc last night had 1 dime sized group at 200yds factory hornady 143 eldx had 1 quarter sized group with rl26 143gr eldx loaded up 10 rounds last night to shoot a ladder test this weekend really pleased with it so far

I got to run 30 rds thru my browning xbolt max long range 6.5prc last night had 1 dime sized group at 200yds factory hornady 143 eldx had 1 quarter sized group with rl26 143gr eldx loaded up 10 rounds last night to shoot a ladder test this weekend really pleased with it so far
how do you like the trigger on that xbolt?

It is a pretty good trigger for a factory rifle I adjusted it down to 3lbs. It was about 5 when I got it . Has very little if any creep which is how i like a trigger

It is a pretty good trigger for a factory rifle I adjusted it down to 3lbs. It was about 5 when I got it . Has very little if any creep which is how i like a trigger
good to hear, the last browning i had i hated it, but it was an older xbolt. like the looks of those guns for off the shelf. might have to go check one out

Shot my browning xbolt max long range 6.5prc today with 140gr berger vld and rl26 powder had a 2 shot 2in group at 700yds really happy with it so far 11.5 moa to 700yds

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.