6.5 prc with ramshot lrt

riban e

Good morning guys..
I was looking for load for my 6.5 prc savage 110 tactical...ramshot lrt is the only powder I can find near me
I went to ramshot page and i see it can be used on 6.5 prc but dosen't show any load data!!!

If anyone have any advice will be very appreciated tanks!!!!!

Good morning guys..
I was looking for load for my 6.5 prc savage 110 tactical...ramshot lrt is the only powder I can find near me
I went to ramshot page and i see it can be used on 6.5 prc but dosen't show any load data!!!

If anyone have any advice will be very appreciated tanks!!!!!
6E82CD31-0B6E-41F0-B517-F9BD8B14307F.png

Not my data. Just something I found. From what I've seen it's a pretty slow powder similar to RE33 designed for 338 Lapua. Maybe too slow for 6.5 PRC by many opinions. But turns out my Bergara loves RE 33. So maybe it would work.

Those velocities seem awfully low for a PRC. Any of the 140 class bullets should easily hit 3,000 ft/sec.
Yea I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. With RE33 and 140gr BTHP I'm getting right at 3000 fps out of a 24" barrel and a little over 1/4 MOA. Not really sure if the burn rate difference for LRT.

It is slow but blowing burning powder out the pipe seems to be the way these days Instead of being efficient and easier on barrels.
If you want to run a 147gr at 2,500-2,600-2,700 ft/sec I'd rather just shoot a Creedmoor than a PRC. I'm assuming that the powder is getting efficiently burned rather then being blown out the barrel, but who knows?

I have a 6.5 prc and I am wanting to work up a load for the 155 grain lapua mega bullets with some of this LRT stuff. I sent an email to Lapua and they said they are going to work up some load data for it for me but it will take a week or so. I'll repost after I've gotten something from them and tested. Seems like it would be a good powder for a heavier bullet.