6.5 prc with eldx on game

"Ga6570" you are The Man"! That is a lot of game you have harvested with the 6.5 PRC.
I too have a Browning X-Bolt (Pro model) in 6.5 PRC for hunting here in Nevada. I had the same model in 6.5 CM but sold it to my buddy when the 6.5 PRC became available in the Pro.
Eric B.

"Ga6570" you are The Man"! That is a lot of game you have harvested with the 6.5 PRC.
I too have a Browning X-Bolt (Pro model) in 6.5 PRC for hunting here in Nevada. I had the same model in 6.5 CM but sold it to my buddy when the 6.5 PRC became available in the Pro.
Eric B.
Ha! I got sucked in on the Xbolt in HCLR… I have basically two identical rifles. Love this rifle action. One is in Creedmoor and the other PRC - only clearly visible difference in the rifle is the bolt knob. PRC isn't a little round nub like the Creedmoor… the boys each have a Tikka in Creedmoor and I have my X-bolts. I don't shoot the Creedmoor much as the PRC is what I wished the Creedmoor could do. Was actually pretty bummed when I replaced my Ruger American with the Xbolt after having the ruger for several years and wanting more velocity… I got the Xbolt because of the 26" barrel, seeking more fps... Then literally 3 weeks after I bought it, I found out the PRC was an option… 😳 after another year I broke down and bought the PRC…😆 I love that thing.
- sorry that turned into a long post…

Anyon have any experience with the nosler ablr out of 6.5 prc?
I've gotten three deer with three shots this year with the 142 ABLR. It is VERY effective on white tails. A buck at 175 yards, a doe at 420 yards and the buck pictured at 165 yards. None went more than 10-15 yards.

Attachments

• 293DB1EC-5672-4548-9406-59AF8E14C2AA.jpeg
    293DB1EC-5672-4548-9406-59AF8E14C2AA.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 63
I should add my dad has used them in his creed and just this year he's killed 13 audad, a pile of deer, and a decent amount of pigs. That bullet works. On elk or tougher animals is the only real reason to go to a mono.

OTE="gpo1956, post: 2414631, member: 94391"]
I've gotten three deer with three shots this year with the 142 ABLR. It is VERY effective on white tails. A buck at 175 yards, a doe at 420 yards and the buck pictured at 165 yards. None went more than 10-15 yards.
[/QUOTE
143 ELDX ? NO....

Been thinking about loading eldx in 6.5 prc. Was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this combo. How did it perform on game? Thanks!
Not in the PRC but in both the .260 and 6.5LRM they performed well. Caveat, because of the speeds of the 6.5LRM I limited myself to shots at or beyond 300yards.

They are a bonded bullet but made for lower impact velocities than the Interbonds I used to shoot. They are quite a bit softer and have a progressively thicker jacket that starts off very thin so as to ensure expansion at ranges @or beyond 400yds.

They should be pretty bad medicine in the PRC with it's slower MV.

[/QUOTE
143 ELDX ? NO....
Sorry no. I was quoting the post on ABLR's. Sorry for the confusion.

E="gpo1956, post: 2415494, member: 94391"]
Sorry no. I was quoting the post on ABLR's. Sorry for the confusion.
[/QUOTE]
No big . I was confused too !

The 142 ABLRS are as hard to find as, a descent, Bull Elk !
I'll stay with, the ELD-X's in my 6.5 Creed and Bergers for, the .270 WSM
BOTH Bullets, will, "get it, DONE" at, "reasonable" Ranges!
And are, way LESS,.. Expensive

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
That's a dam nice whitetail buck. One of my best friends lives in Harrison and another in Danville. Some nice bucks off his property in Danville !
19971.jpeg
19968.jpeg
12542.jpeg
12534.jpeg
12528.jpeg

Wow. That's crazy. I lived in Russellville for 29 years which is about 25 miles from Danville in one direction and Harrison was 85 miles away up Hwy 7 North. I worked in both places a lot. Went to college with several people from both also. Great part of Arkansas. I'm in Hot Springs since I retired. This buck was from a friend's ranch in Dime Box Tx. Took it last Thursday.

Wow. That's crazy. I lived in Russellville for 29 years which is about 25 miles from Danville in one direction and Harrison was 85 miles away up Hwy 7 North. I worked in both places a lot. Went to college with several people from both also. Great part of Arkansas. I'm in Hot Springs since I retired. This buck was from a friend's ranch in Dime Box Tx. Took it last Thursday.
My buddy moved from Harrison to Pyatt about a year ago. He says nothing but small bucks on his property. Neighbors shoot them all before can grow. A buddy I work with is from Danville. His son now owns the ranch. It's 200 acres.