6.5 PRC with 147ELD-M

I'd have to go back to my data and check I'm out of town until tomorrow night. I don't want to tell you the wrong one.

Guys I can't thank you enough for the info you have shared. I received the rifle yesterday and got the scope on it. Will be out this 4th of July weekend putting some lead down range. I will pass on the results of my shooting and load development. Have a great 4th and be safe.
Awesome rifles I can't say enough good about them honestly. Mine is a 20" barrel and I'm running a gunwerks 6 suppressor wow is it sweet. Enjoy it!

Sounds good. I have so many loads going now to try, some with Large Rifle and some with Magnum. The gunwerks load data is all with Magnum primers. Thanks and safe travels.
I always have to tweak the gunwerks loads they are literally .1 different on my scale so I always load up 15 - 5 .1 low, 5 same, 5 .1 higher- never fails one of them will stack them 😀

Yes I've used both large rifle and magnum primers on various loads.

Let us know how it all goes and I'll share some more information on my data when I get back.

Jmack

Here is my new baby. 8.3 lbs fully dressed. I will be running lead down the tube this weekend. Results to follow.

Attachments

• EC42ABCF-F1F8-47A3-B8C8-ADA481DB3445.jpeg
    EC42ABCF-F1F8-47A3-B8C8-ADA481DB3445.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Sounds good. I have so many loads going now to try, some with Large Rifle and some with Magnum. The gunwerks load data is all with Magnum primers. Thanks and safe travels.
Doing testing on several short mags ie. 270 WSM, 300 WSM and the 6.5 PRC I have found the mag primers seem to give more variation in pressure and seem to over pressure sooner. That doesn't mean you will not find a great load with a mag primer. If you are planning on hunting in really cold weather, mag primers can give sure ignition. But, in general I have found great loads using CCI BR2s or Fed Prem 210s.