6.5 prc what action

I was just reading in another forum that the 6.5 x284 has the same performance as a 6.5 prc...
I have both as well. The 6.5-284 is hell of a cartridge. I have or had 7. This is my 1st prc. Right now I am seeing about the result as nimrod. I'm running a 22" prc and a couple of the 6.5-284s are 24. The 22 is faster for sure when comparing same powders and estimated same pressure levels. They are very close in performance which is not a bad thing. I do feel the prc is a tad more efficient as it seems to shoot everything pretty well. My 6.5-284s seem to have a more sweet spot

The PRC has a long neck and operates with around 60 grains of powder giving it a chance at 3000 FPS with long bullets that maintain accuracy and flat down range trajectory. It does this without being a barrel burner that the 264 win mag 26 nosler and 6.5 300 Weatherby are. Flat shooting giving a hunter down range energy and low recoil. The best thing is it's built to be a tack driver with all the rifles 1:8 twist being Sold in this round. I'm not saying get rid of you 6.5 creedmoor but if you haven't bought one yet don't ! The PRC is 250 FPS over the creedmoor with the same bullets. That is like the difference between Sarge's 300wsm over his 308 win. The 6.5 PRC puts the Mr in the 6.5 CR myth.

T
The PRC has a long neck and operates with around 60 grains of powder giving it a chance at 3000 FPS with long bullets that maintain accuracy and flat down range trajectory. It does this without being a barrel burner that the 264 win mag 26 nosler and 6.5 300 Weatherby are. Flat shooting giving a hunter down range energy and low recoil. The best thing is it's built to be a tack driver with all the rifles 1:8 twist being Sold in this round. I'm not saying get rid of you 6.5 creedmoor but if you haven't bought one yet don't ! The PRC is 250 FPS over the creedmoor with the same bullets. That is like the difference between Sarge's 300wsm over his 308 win. The 6.5 PRC puts the Mr in the 6.5 CR myth.
Thank you

I used a Defiance medium action, XM, to give me plenty of room to load the heavier bullets without sacrificing case space and going to a full long action

Sorry to post in such an old forum. However, there is not a lot out there on which stocks fit the Defiance XM action. What did you use for yours? I'm just looking for a hunting style stock, preferably a laminated one, nothing fancy. Thanks in advance

I just got mine back the other day and love it on a long action. All kinds of room to load. 15037.jpeg

Sorry to post in such an old forum. However, there is not a lot out there on which stocks fit the Defiance XM action. What did you use for yours? I'm just looking for a hunting style stock, preferably a laminated one, nothing fancy. Thanks in advance
I used a McMillan Game Hunter. Of course any McMillan stock can be inletted for the XM. I'm sure the other custom stock makers do it as well.

I ordered a Manners EH-SL stock inlet for the Defiance XM action with XM bottom metal. Easypeasy

I was just reading in another forum that the 6.5 x284 has the same performance as a 6.5 prc...
This is why I actually like the PRC as a short action. You can get similar or better performance from a bucket full of long action cartridges standard or magnum. The PRC gives you the option of that performance in a short action. If you are building a deer, antelope, goat, sheep gun the PRC is great with 130s and 140s to 800 from a SA. If I were building a rifle specifically to shoot the 156 Berger length bullets in a magnum long action I would lean towards a case like the .264 win mag or 6.5-06AI or even the 6.5WSM.

This is my first post in this site. I've been shooting, hunting, and reloading for over 50 years. Been hunting with traditional rifles and mostly with handguns. It hasn't been till last year that I started to read and watch videos on long range hunting and target shooting. I mus admit that its become an addiction. I recently purchased a Bergara Mountain in 6.5 PRC. I never thought the short action it came with might no be the best option. I've been shooting the Hornady 140gr ELD Match at an OAL of 2.960" with no problem in the magazine which measures 3.004". I guess I made a mistake, and accepted the short action. Didn't know any better. But I'm glad I joined this forum//

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.