6.5 prc what action

did you up size the bolt
I bought an 'off the shelf' extreme blueprinted action, which included a 'blueprinted' remington receiver and PTG bolt. It's sloppy enough to bind-up unless you are very careful with how you operate the bolt. I'm not saying all PTG products are like this, mine could've just been put together on a Friday.

I bought an 'off the shelf' extreme blueprinted action, which included a 'blueprinted' remington receiver and PTG bolt. It's sloppy enough to bind-up unless you are very careful with how you operate the bolt. I'm not saying all PTG products are like this, mine could've just been put together on a Friday.
Could you explain sloppy enough to bind up? I'm slow and don't understand

Could you explain sloppy enough to bind up? I'm slow and don't understand
Haha, I guess I don't understand what you don't understand. The fitment of the bolt to the receiver is flat-out awful (i.e. sloppy) and causes the bolt to bind-up within the action unless I'm very careful at how I run the bolt.

I own factory rifles, semi-customs, and customs. That PTG blueprinted action is the worst of 'em all. Again, that absolutely could be a one-off, but I will never buy a PTG action again based on my experience (that includes anything Stiller). Too many good choices out there nowadays.

Anectdotally, when LRI did some work for me on a different rifle, I asked about just replacing my factory bolt with a PTG one-piece bolt (this is years after I purchased the PTG action). They strongly recommended avoiding PTG bolts.

Haha, I guess I don't understand what you don't understand. The fitment of the bolt to the receiver is flat-out awful (i.e. sloppy) and causes the bolt to bind-up within the action unless I'm very careful at how I run the bolt.

I own factory rifles, semi-customs, and customs. That PTG blueprinted action is the worst of 'em all. Again, that absolutely could be a one-off, but I will never buy a PTG action again based on my experience (that includes anything Stiller). Too many good choices out there nowadays.

Anectdotally, when LRI did some work for me on a different rifle, I asked about just replacing my factory bolt with a PTG one-piece bolt (this is years after I purchased the PTG action). They strongly recommended avoiding PTG bolts.
I haven't experienced an action so sloppy it would bind up without something rail, lug or action screw related. Thanks

I've been looking at the APR actions with the Remmy print... Does anyone have any personal experience with these actions... I've only found one used Tikka 300 wm and they want 700 for it...

I just built this 6.5 PRC on the short action Terminus Apollo Lite.
Worked for me.. lol
309BB989-35F6-453F-8751-6D0ED093EDB6.jpeg
5AE95376-DE84-4ABF-B71A-F17B0BDF7D4D.jpeg
B4EB75B3-0E4C-4EAA-A41C-D3ACCFE72DFB.jpeg
453B086B-9653-470E-B745-785141E61B25.jpeg
6EFD2B76-5320-4562-B22E-E37683D58FE7.jpeg

My recommendation would be a medium action. If you go action and a internal box mag I'd highly consider a wyatts.

I built mine on a bighorn action and aics mags. Coal is 2.950 and I'm 130 thou off the lands with 156. It shoots great tho. I am also testing 135's and they shoot great as well. At mag length they are 80 thou off.

Attachments

• DCF4465B-04A2-4D46-8CFD-9FC3DE8D5A6B.jpeg
    DCF4465B-04A2-4D46-8CFD-9FC3DE8D5A6B.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 148
My recommendation would be a medium action. If you go action and a internal box mag I'd highly consider a wyatts.
Very nice! Thank you!
I built mine on a bighorn action and aics mags. Coal is 2.950 and I'm 130 thou off the lands with 156. It shoots great tho. I am also testing 135's and they shoot great as well. At mag length they are 80 thou off.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts