6.5 PRC Tikka custom

284saum

Got it all together and on paper today.

Tikka T3x long action
Benchmark 24" 1:8 twist barrel
McMillan Sako Compact stock (80% black 20% white)

29400928_1867305749988496_2885307940816814080_n.jpg

Fired four 3 shot groups and average group was 0.64moa. Load was a 143gr ELD-X over 53.7grs RL26. Avg speed was 2865 fps. Probably 4 grains under max (3075 fps?)

You probably have a lot more speed to play with, I can hit that with my .260. Brand new barrel is probably slow as well.

hey a lefty!! wow that looks real nice, and nice shooting too!

so a dumb, naive, ignorant question - removing the tikka and installing the benchmark barrel - what all is involved. i've swapped out triggers on ar's and 700's, built (assembled) an ar-15 lower from parts, and other minor stuff. is this diy or is a gunsmith required?

also what if any bedding, fitting or the like is/was necessary? did you swap barrels and just drop in the new stock?

what caliber was the stock tikka? any bolt or other work/mods needed for the PRC?

Sweet! Like the lefty! Waiting on my PRC...I did not want to jack with the build--let Alamo presision rifles do the build-- they have had it close to 6 months...last build they will get from me...not the best experience glad it's shooting good

Ed

How does it feed?

Feeds good, no problems

hey a lefty!! wow that looks real nice, and nice shooting too!

so a dumb, naive, ignorant question - removing the tikka and installing the benchmark barrel - what all is involved. i've swapped out triggers on ar's and 700's, built (assembled) an ar-15 lower from parts, and other minor stuff. is this diy or is a gunsmith required?

also what if any bedding, fitting or the like is/was necessary? did you swap barrels and just drop in the new stock?

what caliber was the stock tikka? any bolt or other work/mods needed for the PRC?

the donor was a 338wm, no mods done to the action or magazine. It is glass bedded. The barrel install was done by gunsmith

Very nice, one of my friends is building one on a lefty tikka.
I shoot 56.2 RL26 with the 147's at 2990 fps and 58 H1000 with the 143's at 2970 both sub .5 moa loads out of a 24" havak.

I fired and reloaded one piece of hornady brass 13 times and the primer is still tight.

obviously moderate pressures if the pockets are lasting that long!!! Hopefully Lapua makes some PRC brass someday too

If tikka offered just the actions for sale with the trigger for $500 it would be a game changer.
Just bought a t3 lite 300wm display model off euro optic for $519. went with a 27" K&P light Palma. At SSG now getting put together.
T3 feeds great and plenty of room for 150,156s in mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts