6.5 Prc - Review

By John Johnston In October of 2017 Hornady announced the birth of a new cartridge, the 6.5 PRC. PRC stands for Precision Rifle Cartridge....
By ADMIN, Oct 9, 2018 | |
Rating:
4.5/5,
  1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

ADMIN submitted a new Article:

6.5 Prc - Review

Read more about this article here...

2. Feugo Jeuvo

Feugo Jeuvo Active Member

Good article. I bought the Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifles and it shoots both factory offerings very well. Gonna use it on coues deer. Sure wish I knew what Hornady's recipe for those 147 eldms is.

3. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Can a 6.5 Creedmoor chamber be opened up to this 6.5 Prc ?

4. Weatherby Fan

Weatherby Fan Well-Known Member

Yes if there’s enough shank on a barrel you can rechamber, but if your asking about the action ? bolt face is .473 on a CM and .532 on a PRC, some bolt faces can be opened up but best check with a gunsmith on both accounts.

Iron Worker likes this.
  5. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about a Bergara rifle ?

6. cheechin

cheechin Well-Known Member

I hear quite a few fellow PRS shooters talking about setting up rifles for the 6.5 PRC for next season. It is supposed to have very good barrel life (2000+), but that almost seems too good to be true. If it proves true, I'd be very interested in a 6mm version if I could get half that life with a 115.

Iron Worker likes this.
  7. jpope02

jpope02 Active Member

1n 1966 Remington introduced the 6.5 Remington. 51 years later in 2017, Hornady introduced the 6.5 PRC which is virtually a ballistic copy of The obsolete ?? 6.5 Remington. I have been building, loading and loving rifles in 6.5 Rem Mag over 50 years and can honestly say is my "Favorite" rifle of All times. I have taken carabou and moose in Alaska to nelgai, aoudad, hogs and deer in Texas and Mexico and found it a very effective DRT offering. 1/4 moa groups using Berger vldh 140 and Hornady 143eldx's at 3100 fps are routein. I hope the PRC is as successful as the new 'DO ALL' target/hunting round of the future. Most likely the 'ol rem mag will fade into obscurity but hopefully Hornady will enjoy success with their "new" chambering. For me I have enough 6.5 Rem brass to last for the rest of my days. PS I am building both a PRC and a Rem Mag on Tikka actions at this time.......! I don't wont you guys to have all of the fun.