6.5 prc powders

So far after trying h1000, retumbo, imr4831 and re33 I've gotten my best velocity and accuracy with re33. 140 gr @ 3000fps over 63 grn of powder.
24" barrel. 0.26" 5 shot group and 100yds.

I am going to work up some 6.5 prc loads and need some advice. 4 of the bullets I'm working all recommended rl 26 2 of the 4 actually said it was their most accurate tested. Problem is I'm out of 26 & not wanting to pay the stupid high price for the little I've found. One company I talked too said that rl 25 would work in its place. I am too new to reloading to know about this switch. Can anyone chime in on that?
I used to try h1000 & rl26. Rl26 won out. I have so much rl26 that is all I use now. I'm very happy with it. I didn't get good results from rl25 & would also have concerns about rl25 temp stability. Try h1000, 565, when it becomes available buy 8# jugs. Much cheaper that way

I've loaded up my wife's browning x bolt with 57.5 gr h4831, br2 primers, adg brass, have also loaded this load in hornady brass, 140 berger elite hunters. This runs at 3045 fps. She shoots this to 1 mile

I've loaded up my wife's browning x bolt with 57.5 gr h4831, br2 primers, adg brass, have also loaded this load in hornady brass, 140 berger elite hunters. This runs at 3045 fps. She shoots this to 1 mile
My main powder of choice is the N165 for the prc but the N560 will probably yeild slightly higher velocities . The main difference single base versus double base powder the N165 is cooler burning a little easier on the throat but I think the N 560 is a perfect burn rate for a variety of bullet weight's . If comparing burn rate N165 close too R 23 and N560 too 4831sc that

My main powder of choice is the N165 for the prc but the N560 will probably yeild slightly higher velocities . The main difference single base versus double base powder the N165 is cooler burning a little easier on the throat but I think the N 560 is a perfect burn rate for a variety of bullet weight's . If comparing burn rate N165 close too R 23 and N560 too 4831sc that
Where are you starting charge weights for the N560?. I plan on running Nosler 142 G ABLR

Yesterday I did a little preliminary testing with RE23 in my PRC because I was able to find an 8lb jug. I was loading single rounds, 1 grain apart, in charge weight. Surprisingly enough, both the Nosler 142 ABLR and the Sierra 130 TMK shot under 1.5" @ 400yds. Keep in mind that the 3 shot groups had 3 different charges!

The 142 ABLR NEVER shot well in this rifle. I just finished reloading some additional cases and I'm eager to see if the results are repeatable.

BTW - I'm using the much maligned Hornady brass because that's all I have at the moment. After prepping the cases I weigh each case and then place them in the box in order of weight. This way every group is (usually) shot with cases that weigh exactly the same. Not sure if this helped but it sure couldn't hurt.

Yesterday I did a little preliminary testing with RE23 in my PRC because I was able to find an 8lb jug. I was loading single rounds, 1 grain apart, in charge weight. Surprisingly enough, both the Nosler 142 ABLR and the Sierra 130 TMK shot under 1.5" @ 400yds. Keep in mind that the 3 shot groups had 3 different charges!

The 142 ABLR NEVER shot well in this rifle. I just finished reloading some additional cases and I'm eager to see if the results are repeatable.

BTW - I'm using the much maligned Hornady brass because that's all I have at the moment. After prepping the cases I weigh each case and then place them in the box in order of weight. This way every group is (usually) shot with cases that weigh exactly the same. Not sure if this helped but it sure couldn't hurt.
Great to hear!! Reloader 23 is my second best poweder for the prc……if reloader 26 don't tickle my fancy I go to reloader 23 and get what I want!! I've been stocking up on 23 when I can…..

None of my local gun shops have received alliant powder since oct 2020.
Mine just got some this past week…..I picked up 2# in two days…..it seems not many use reloader 23 or don't know about it or something. I get just as good accuracy, sd/es and velocity with 23 as I do with 26