6.5 PRC over pressure question

Taking a close look at the lip on the case, I have had that occur with my 270WSM. Usually the ridge would be a bit higher up the case where the case head webbing starts to thin out. This could very well be the problem with the case. In my case it was the initial stage of a case separation. Continue to use that case and you may see a crack/ or even a complete separation at that spot. IMO.

I'll do a little more testing tonight. I can't put a primer back into it because the pocket is so loose. Might try hot glue in each to keep the comparison as close as possible

thinking I'm gonna have to measure case capacity on all of them and determine which ones are good and which ones to toss if coops theory is right
Glue is fine just make sure you tare/zero the scale for each case and it takes the weight of case out of picture and just gives the water volume weight.

Do you have a carbon ring build up in your chamber at the neck area?
Also, if you have a tight chamber ream, do you know what the neck clearance is?
Bob, I don't know about the neck clearance. It's a Seekins Havak Bravo. I don't have a bore scope to see if there's carbon build up.

Bob, I don't know about the neck clearance. It's a Seekins Havak Bravo. I don't have a bore scope to see if there's carbon build up.
If you have a carbon ring the brass will have a hard time chambering, trim back to maximum trim length, and just bump the shoulder a couple of thousands. If you have to bump back more than a couple of thousands, then the carbon ring is interfering. Scrub the throat to remove the ring

A Teslong bore scope is inexpensive and might fit in your budget. Handy tool for inspecting your cleaning sessions/carbon ring in neck of chamber.
Can you easily drop a new bullet into spent brass? Reason I ask is I had some bad experiences with a tight neck chamber ream blowing out brass like yours. Neck turning fixed it. I went with .004 clearance. You might visit a good gun smith that can inspect the above.

Before I got a borescope I'd buy some good brass. I know it's hard too find but I'd rather not blow my eye out when the next case fully ruptured