6,5 PRC --- need help

• Thread starter Deleted member 115654
  • Start date
It's a just a simple combination of issues that creates the difference. 1x fired brass vs 0x. Powder. Neck tension. I personally would not be concerned with duplicating velocity but I understand it is at least a benchmark. Perhaps check the load velocity that is semi is close and tweak seating depth. I'd guess you'll find a velocity node and accuracy node somewhere in there without a lot of wasted components.

I have a friend, that told me of a guy that shoots competitive with Hornady as a sponsor, said they are using RL26 in that ammo. Hope that is accurate info

My PRC was a scattergun with factory 147. Disassembled 38 loads and the powder range was 1gr lowest to highest. Re-assembled with powder charges within .1gr and they shot great.

My experience and another friend's was that the match factory ammo was junk. Maybe there were some bad batches but we saw it.

Need advice on duplication accuracy of Hornady factory ammo.

Been reloading decades and own many bughole rifles BUT the Hornady Match ammo shoots 1/2" 5 shot groups and I can't duplicate it.

H 1000 & same Hornady bullet w/same OAL with get me to 7/8th"

Suggestions ?
get some burgers and work a load up for your rifle

What Hodgdon says:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 9.03.53 AM.jpeg

I've had good luck with N565 and 156 Bergers nodes at 54 grains and 56 grains barrel is 8 twist Bartlein

Been reloading decades and own many bughole rifles BUT the Hornady Match ammo shoots 1/2" 5 shot groups and I can't duplicate it.

Suggestions ?
I assume you are using Hornady brass cause I'm not even sure if anyone else makes it or not. I wonder what primer they are using. If you are using h1000 to duplicate their velocity and oal is the same, it only leaves a couple of different things that could make the difference. Neck tension & primers would be the only thing that may be different.

I assume you are using Hornady brass cause I'm not even sure if anyone else makes it or not. I wonder what primer they are using. If you are using h1000 to duplicate their velocity and oal is the same, it only leaves a couple of different things that could make the difference. Neck tension & primers would be the only thing that may be different.
ADG makes Brass and Gunwerks has their own also that's made by ADG.

image.jpg

Suggestions ?
I recall the 6.5 creedmore was developed with 4350, that said, whatever powder you choose start at the bottom of the load recipes load 5 rounds at each step then go shoot groups, have fun. Once the "Load" has been found play with the length. HTH

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.